Windows 10: Windows 10 update options

Discus and support Windows 10 update options in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys have a question, is their a way for updates to give u a option when to download and install, for example if theirs a update I would like it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steven Campoli, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update options

Hey guys have a question, is their a way for updates to give u a option when to download and install, for example if theirs a update I would like it to say updates available and option to download. I pause my updates often but if theirs this option I would like it. Thanks !

:)

Steven Campoli, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 5, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 update options

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update options

1. Windows 10 update options - Similar Threads - update options

2. optional update delivery not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional update delivery not working: THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-update-delivery-not-working/023328d8-5e99-4dfa-bcf8-e6ca30822beb
  3. optional update delivery not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional update delivery not working: THANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-update-delivery-not-working/023328d8-5e99-4dfa-bcf8-e6ca30822beb
  4. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229
  5. When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...

When I update to W11 and activate the Secure Boot option, the screen stays like this, and...: This is the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-update-to-w11-and-activate-the-secure-boot/cab4c3b1-5f32-4023-9383-d86619931229
  6. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  7. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded: My message area indicated that Windows 11 upgrade was available. I selected the Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded - even after I received the successful confirmation message. I paused the install for 2 weeks but that's a temp fix and...
  8. Selected Stay on Windows 10 for now option but the Windows 11 update still downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?: Refresh Option not working properly in Windows 11 OS.After sucessfully Downloading-lnstalling theWindows 11 OS Update update, inDesktop Sceen when i Right Click - "Refresh'option not workingHence when 1 click on "Refresh" option, thenIcon's don't shake.How can l get the issue...
  10. Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?

Why Refresh option not working in window 11 after some window updates?: Refresh Option not working properly in Windows 11 OS.After sucessfully Downloading-lnstalling theWindows 11 OS Update update, inDesktop Sceen when i Right Click - "Refresh'option not workingHence when 1 click on "Refresh" option, thenIcon's don't shake.How can l get the issue...