Windows 10: Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

Discus and support Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have a domain of about 100 computers and about 30% of them get this blue overlay periodically that does not respond to clicks and makes the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by callowjg, May 16, 2019.

1. callowjg Win User

Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

We have a domain of about 100 computers and about 30% of them get this blue overlay periodically that does not respond to clicks and makes the computer unusable without drastic measures. Has anyone found a way to get out of this ridiculous screen without rebooting or forcing a log out? My users would like the chance to save their work before either of those options are followed.

:)

callowjg, May 16, 2019

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen

1. Windows 10 update overlay makes computer unusable/locked/frozen - Similar Threads - update overlay makes

2. windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 updates making computer unusable until fixed: When my computer goes through an automatic update through restart or shut down it becomes pretty much unusable. It will go very slow and programs will either be very slow to respond or not respond at all. Fixing it takes nearly half a day to a full day through running...
  3. Computer frozen - windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer frozen - windows update: I am doing a windows system update. The computer is frozen with the message - Please wait while we install a system update. Power button isn't working as I think the update has locked it down. So I can't restart. Update has been like this for about 15 hours now. The only...
  4. Computer frozen - windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer frozen - windows update: I am doing a windows system update. The computer is frozen with the message - Please wait while we install a system update. Power button isn't working as I think the update has locked it down. So I can't restart. Update has been like this for about 15 hours now. The only...
  5. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen frozen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen frozen: Hi, so i have a computer and i just updated from windows 7 to windows 10 and after the update was done lock screen is frozen after while pc got turned off by it self i turned on pc again and same thing happend again i watched youtubes videos and nothing helped. Pc worked when...
  7. Frozen PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Frozen PC unusable: I cannot use my PC. It is booting OK but nothing can be run. There is an endlessly rotating busy circle displayed whenever I click an app or other file. I have seen this before but it has ended after a short delay, this time it is unending. None of the usual fixes I have...
  8. Bloatware updates make system unusable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bloatware updates make system unusable: Thread: Bloatware updates make system unusable At random times, Windows becomes so slow that it's almost unusable. Task manager shows the C disk active at 100% for hours. It takes me 15 minutes to copy a file. Sometimes the disk pointer is frozen for a minute or two. This...
  9. Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update making my pc unusable: After updating to 1903 my pc freezes every 30mins to 1 hour and i have to reset. Google Chrome is also not loading websites, Edge does. When I roll back to previous version of Windows everything works fine, except I can't update Nvidia drivers because the drivers are not...
  10. Windows 10 computer frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer frozen: My Windows 10 computer suddenly goes frozen after a few minutes. It is frozen forever and my mouse cannot move. My computer is one year old and it is Lenovo ideapad 300 I am not sure whether it was a Windows 10 update which caused this or whether theres a virus (Im pretty...