Windows 10: Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure

Discus and support Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received a notice from Windows that the 2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4532691 FAILED to Install on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peri Winkle 3, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure

I received a notice from Windows that the 2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4532691 FAILED to Install on 2/12/2020 - 0x80070643 <---What am I to do re the Failure My HP Notebook g6 Pavilion purchased with Windows 7 Professional has had the Windows 10 *free* upgrade to Windows 10 and subsequent Updates. Currently it is running Windows 10 HOME 64-bit Version 1809 OS Build 17763.1039

What to do with PARTIAL Upgrade Failure--what's the significance of the indicated error: 0x80070643 ??

/Thanks

:)

Peri Winkle 3, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure

Partial Failure

IMO, there is something worse than total failure; partial failure.

Recently our Internet has been cycling from a few kb/s up to ~5 Mb/s (normal maximum speed, but only for a few seconds).

When I:
    • Start downloading the browser states that it is only going to take a few minutes.
    • Come back 30 minutes later, it has only managed to download a few percent. *Mad

Even worse when this happens the download often crashes around 95% completed, meaning I have to start again "from scratch". *Mad

At least when there is a total failure, I know that I can shut down the browser and do something else.
    If it is downloading then I can't shut it down and I just have to wait for it to finish.

lehnerus2000, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure

1. Windows 10 UPDATE partial Failure - Similar Threads - UPDATE partial Failure

2. Windows 10 Partial System Failures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Partial System Failures?: I'm having a problem with Windows 10 I would like to see if anyone else is having. Not sure if it is related to recent updates, hardware problems, or something internal with W10. This is on a Windows 10 operated ASUS Predator Laptop, model G9-793-78CM I am experiencing an...
  3. Windows 10 Partial System Failures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Partial System Failures?: I'm having a problem with Windows 10 I would like to see if anyone else is having. Not sure if it is related to recent updates, hardware problems, or something internal with W10. This is on a Windows 10 operated ASUS Predator Laptop, model G9-793-78CM I am experiencing an...
  4. Windows 10 Partial System Failures?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure - UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure - UPDATE: After almost 2 hours, the blue screen cleared and I was able to login to my laptop.However, the Windows 10 Update DOES NOT WORK - I have no idea what the Update Troubleshooter did or didn’t do to my system in the past 2 hours.I still CANNOT Update Windows 10, the latest...
  6. Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure

Windows 10 Update failure + Update Troubleshooter failure: Windows 10 Update failure - now all I have are Update Error 0x800f0831 AND now after running the Update Troubleshooter as recommended by Microsoft a blue screen with the message “Getting Windows ready Don’t turn off you computer” for the last 60+ minutes on a frozen laptop.I...
  7. Persistent issues with partial keyboard "failure"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent issues with partial keyboard "failure": I have been having this recurring issue on one of my laptops whereby the keyboard partially stops working after a random time. Sometimes this issue can occur after an hour of use, or after several hours. This issue causes me to be unable to type out anything in any programs...
  8. Partial installation of Windows 10.

Partial installation of Windows 10.: How do I finish already started reset installation of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partial-installation-of-windows-10/f6512034-7651-46cb-bb0a-26c28b5fdcec
  9. Windows 10 update not working - partial update then undoes changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update not working - partial update then undoes changes: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - build 19042 - 500gb Sata SSD - 16GB RAM Downloading Update: 2020-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based SystemsWindows Update: Error encountered. "Some update files are missing or have problems......If I click...
  10. Windows 10 (partial) crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 (partial) crash: Having started my computer, just upgraded to w10, the desktop appeared, without the apps eg MS edge showing in the lower taskbar. On pressing the windows button (bottom left) nothing appeared! I was unable to shutdown, sleep, restart, get settings etc. The only way to power...