Windows 10: Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I use HP laptop. I believe this update happened last night but I am not sure. When I restarted my laptop today, it was slow. (Since last 3-4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pandeyarvind09, May 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...

Hello!

I use HP laptop. I believe this update happened last night but I am not sure. When I restarted my laptop today, it was slow. (Since last 3-4 days, it has become slow) Then the login screen finally loaded. I entered my password and the screen showed "Hi". Next screen "We've got some updates for your PC" and third blue screen "This might take several minutes - Don't turn off your PC"

This is going on since early morning. It's been more than 8 hours now.

In between, I did restart the PC twice. It does shut down and restarts normally. But does not login into administrator (main login). I also tried to login into another user login and I am able to do that. I checked updates and system troubleshooter from another login but it shows nothing. I am not sure what is happening and how long should I still wait. I also tried to reset my PC but from the user login, I am not able to access it even after entering my administrator password. Please, can anybody help me with this?

At a length (without me interfering or restarting the PC), this updating screen has been up for more than 2-3 hours.

Please... F1-F1-F1

:)

pandeyarvind09, May 5, 2019

2. No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 5, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 5, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This...

1. Windows 10 Update - PC in administrator login - "Hi We've got some updates for your PC This... - Similar Threads - Update administrator login

2. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...: That do after i get help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-screen-with-sentence-hi-weve-got-some/f8eb9b85-697e-43e5-b911-840d7d003247
  3. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...: That do after i get help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-screen-with-sentence-hi-weve-got-some/f8eb9b85-697e-43e5-b911-840d7d003247
  4. I have black screen with sentence "hi we've got some updates for your pc" and This remained...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 - 20H1 stuck at "Hi.. we have got some updates for your PC"

Windows 10 - 20H1 stuck at "Hi.. we have got some updates for your PC": Dear all, I have a strange problem with one of my users who apparently is the MD of the company. After upgrading HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 2004, the machine on every start up/reboot goes into state as if the machine has just been...
  6. Hi, we've got some updates for you.......

Hi, we've got some updates for you.......: This appeared on my pc yesterday but only on my account, not my son's or the wife's. I've read that there is a big update coming for Windows 10 and thought it was that. Read a few things on the net and it seems legit so left the pc on overnight. This morning nothing had...
  7. Windows 10 HI we've got some updates loop stuck 12/13/2019

Windows 10 HI we've got some updates loop stuck 12/13/2019: I have a user with the windows update loop. Upon startup, the system goes into the "Hi We've got some updates for you" thing, but it almost instantly starts again. Seems to be in a loop, it has been happening for half an hour. Reading through previous support forums here does...
  8. 1 -Hi 2 -We've got some updates for your pc 3 -It's taking longer than expected, we

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    1 -Hi 2 -We've got some updates for your pc 3 -It's taking longer than expected, we: My HP ENVY Desktop 795 -0030qd has 3 different items blinking onto the screen. 1. "Hi" (this one is the one blinking most frequently 2. "We've got some updates for your PC" (this one appears after the Hi has appeared up to 20 times 3. After a long time the screen...
  9. "Hi, We've got some updates for your PC. This might take several minutes. Don't turn off...

"Hi, We've got some updates for your PC. This might take several minutes. Don't turn off...: Like others, I switched on my PC, logged in, and found the above message constantly looping. I note that there has been an update today (25 April 2019). How do I access the latest information, as the only responses I can see are a few years old. Also, in looking around the...
  10. "Hi. We've got some updates for your PC" is on my HP laptop. how can I get rid of it

"Hi. We've got some updates for your PC" is on my HP laptop. how can I get rid of it: I have the message "Hi. We've got some updates for your PC". Can you help me rid my laptop of this? I got a message yesterday that my security program had expired and planned to renew it today. hmmm? Sounds fishy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update this might take several minutes

2. weve got an update for you