Windows 10: Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

Discus and support Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I ran into an issue I haven't been able to fix. I ran an update to Windows last night and when I came back in the morning, my PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CantHoldMeNow, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

Hello all,

I ran into an issue I haven't been able to fix. I ran an update to Windows last night and when I came back in the morning, my PC was unusable. I'm not very tech savvy, but the loop I'm experiencing is this:

1. On startup, I get a black screen with a white cursor. Ctrl+alt+del doesn't work. Nothing works. I had to restart from the case button.
    2. Started up normally, logged into my account. The wallpaper loaded, but icons and the Start Bar wouldn't. Cursor shows the wait animation whenever I try to mouse over the bottom where the start bar would be. Windows+R does nothing. Ctrl+alt+del works, but Task Manager won't launch.
    3. I hold shift and Restart to get to an advanced menu. I sometimes get a popup during this saying: svchost.exe The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application. This only started after the Windows Update.
    4. I select Troubleshooting and restart in safe mode. The screen goes black. No messages or confirmation. No loading. No signal to monitor. Windows doesn't turn back on even after waiting over an hour. I have to restart from the PC case button. Go back to 1, repeat ad infinitum.

I've seen a number of forums for fix suggestions, and none of them work because the screen just goes black when I try, or I can't access Task Manager to address them, etc. So far I've tried and had the above steps repeat with:

1. Restarting in safe mode
    2. Startup Repair
    3. System Restore
    4. Uninstall Latest feature Update
    5. Uninstall latest quality update

I'm not sure what to do next. Trying Reset this PC and hope that feature actually functions? Nothing works. I'm stuck in a loop. I'd appreciate any help or ideas people have. :

:)

CantHoldMeNow, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Prevent iTunes from loading on startup

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, iTunes keeps loading on startup. I looked in the task manager under Startup, and disabled iTunesHelper. I don't see any other apps listed under Startup that are associated with iTunes or any other apple software.

Am I missing something? It's a little annoying having iTunes loading on startup.

charmon1605, Jul 4, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

1. Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading - Similar Threads - Update prevents desktop

2. Loading bios in task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading bios in task manager.: Hello. Can the bios boot time increase on a laptop after a power failure in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-bios-in-task-manager/8c6d8335-40a7-42b5-95ae-296073b9a58a
  3. Loading bios in task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loading bios in task manager.: Hello. Can the bios boot time increase on a laptop after a power failure in my house? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-bios-in-task-manager/8c6d8335-40a7-42b5-95ae-296073b9a58a
  4. task manager icons not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager icons not loading: one day I logged on to my computer and some of the thumbnails such as unity hub and the minecraft launcher weren't showing up when I opened or right clicked them. https://youtu.be/ELl8puUJfjk...
  5. task manager icons not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager icons not loading: one day I logged on to my computer and some of the thumbnails such as unity hub and the minecraft launcher weren't showing up when I opened or right clicked them. https://youtu.be/ELl8puUJfjk...
  6. task manager icons not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...: Hello, After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start. The mouse cursor is still visible. The Task Manager can be called with the Keyboard shortcuts and i can start with it...
  8. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...: Hello, After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start. The mouse cursor is still visible. The Task Manager can be called with the Keyboard shortcuts and i can start with it...
  9. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

10. task manager not loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager not loaded: Hi dears.my pc are win10 updated but when clicked on task manager it not loaded.it seems loaded and hidden in 1 milisecond and i cant see thats.please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-loaded/e223d4db-1a4f-4a36-8b16-eae1628958af