Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Print Output As PDF instead of printer

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Print Output As PDF instead of printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen this issue posted numerous times with answers that did not help me. I could not print from Google Docs or Outlook emails to my already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jadori65, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jadori65 Win User

Windows 10 Update Print Output As PDF instead of printer

I have seen this issue posted numerous times with answers that did not help me. I could not print from Google Docs or Outlook emails to my already working and connected printer after a Windows 10 update (August 2019). Everything kept defaulting to "Print Output As" with a pop-up of my hard drive files to select to save as a PDF file. There was no "click" button to change the PDF file to the printer. The printer was connected correctly as the default printer. The latest driver was installed already. WHAT WORKED FOR ME, I went into the Device Manager and REMOVED the printer from my computer. Then I ADDED the printer. Afterwards, everything is printing to the default printer again. No more "Print Output As". I think once the drivers were updated with the Windows 10 update, the computer and the printer needed to be reset to communicate correctly.

Let me know if this helps you!

:)

Jadori65, Aug 13, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Aug 13, 2019
  4. ET_2017 Win User

Windows 10 will not print PDF files

Hi, I think I have found the problem. After the Windows 10 update yesterday, I couldn't print with my software that prints PDF. Others softwares can print documents like .docx and .xls.

I found that one of my printers which I install is "missing" in the list of printers but still available in the software's printer list. I made a change to another printer driver of the same printer as the default printer. And immediately all softwares are
    able to print PDF. It is something related to the "missing" printer.

Suggest those with this problem to add a new printer setting and make it default printer.

ET_2017, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Print Output As PDF instead of printer - Similar Threads - Update Print Output

2. My printer prints just text instead of the actual layout of the pdf.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer prints just text instead of the actual layout of the pdf.: Hi,My grandma just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to help er set it up, but when I try to print something, it just prints text. i have not encountered this before and I don't know how this happened. The printer is an older epson I don't know the model number of the top of...
  3. My printer prints just text instead of the actual layout of the pdf.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer prints just text instead of the actual layout of the pdf.: Hi,My grandma just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to help er set it up, but when I try to print something, it just prints text. i have not encountered this before and I don't know how this happened. The printer is an older epson I don't know the model number of the top of...
  4. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  5. Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners: Microsoft Print to PDF no longer in Printers & Scanners after I removed it. I am unable to re-add it. I tried rebooting. Then I tried to turn it off on windows features, but it won't turn back on again. What should I do, and if it stops working permanently what workarounds...
  6. Print to PDF with custom scaling and centre the output

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print to PDF with custom scaling and centre the output: Is it possible to use Microsoft print to PDF with a custom scale but also centre the output? I can change the scale easily, but can I make the page centred?...
  7. print to pdf printer removed unfortunately

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    print to pdf printer removed unfortunately: I unfortunately removed the print to pdf printer. How can i get back or recover that? submitted by /u/sakisakhab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhi0g4/print_to_pdf_printer_removed_unfortunately/
  8. Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print to File Word or Save Print Output As pdf: I know this is a common problem - I won't even bother to describe it in detail but i can't find a recent thread. Anyway, my printer is the default and Print to File is not checked in the print menu 2 common 'solutions'. I am trying to print documents related to my...
  9. Printer won't print PDF Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer won't print PDF Files: I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer. I have the latest driver for the printer. I ran the printer troubleshooter and was able to print out a test page. What can...
  10. Prints to File instead of to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prints to File instead of to printer: after Win 10 update....print jobs go to file intsteadof to printer....how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prints-to-file-instead-of-to-printer/53af65c8-2d21-4f75-89e3-018f0edb7ada

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable save print output as

2. print output in windows 10