Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David M L Paterson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this problem repaired after two visits to a repair facility, but I have now uncovered a new problem.

This problem is that while the computer recognises a fully operational printer is attached any efforts to print via Word, Excel, Adobe etc. do not transmit any printing instruction to the printer or print spooler. Any thoughts as to what might be going on here and how it can be fixed?

Thanks

:)

David M L Paterson, Oct 1, 2020

2. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

How do I fix this?

RichardZachary, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Yesterday (Sept 18, 2020) I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them
    seem to work. My device shows that I have version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Is there something unusual about this latest patch that creates wifi bugs that can’t be fixed with tricks that have worked in the past? Thanks!

David Sniveley, Oct 1, 2020
  4. eventtrac Win User

Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

printing problems after windows 10 updates

Windows Updates released on June 9, 2020 introduced a problem where either the print spooler service would restart, or applications submitting print jobs would crash

Updates released between June 16 -> June 18 (called the 6OOB release) are intended to resolve that specific problem. Windows Update Kbs containing this fix have the following release note text

• Addresses an issue that might prevent certain printers from printing. The print spooler might generate an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer. You
      might also encounter issues with the apps you are attempting to print from, such as receiving an error, or the app might close unexpectedly. This issue might also affect software-based printers, such as when printing to PDF.

The 6OOB KB for

What would the repro steps look like to reproduce the print spooler crash? Does it matter which application that print job was submitted from?

eventtrac, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

1. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020 - Similar Threads - Update Printing Problem

2. Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install: I am unable to complete my Sept 2020 windows 10 update. I get a "what needs your attention" message with no explanation of what is wrong, but it tells me to restart. I've attempted this numerous occasions but after about 25% of install, it stops and the same meesage comes up....
  3. Windows 10 Will not recognize AMD video card Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Will not recognize AMD video card Sept 2020: I have completed several troubleshooting steps, including a clean download of Windows 10. It stopped recognizing my video card and uninstalled my AMD drivers. No display adapters show in device manager. I can't update drivers if Windows won't recognize the card. I have...
  4. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  5. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!: Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option,...
  6. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity: Yesterday Sept 18, 2020 I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them seem to work. My...
  7. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020: Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-no-sound-after-windows-update-sept-2020/c2a08960-28a9-4cee-93c6-1fb53aa9bda7
  8. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  9. june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print

june 2020 windows 10 update and printer problems- is there asolution as i cant print: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/june-2020-windows-10-update-and-printer-problems/0de38b92-da35-4395-bbcf-4a4522756b87
  10. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update: Prior to the September 2018 Windows 10 updates I never had a single problem with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home. Since the auto download and installation of the Windows 10 September updates I have had the following problems: ~ On Sept 12 I woke up to a...