Windows 10: Windows 10 update problem on Acer Aspire Switch 10

Discus and support Windows 10 update problem on Acer Aspire Switch 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Need your help on this issue. After several tried I was able to update to Windows 10 however due to lack of space on HD (32Gb) the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nikibaba, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Nikibaba Win User

Windows 10 update problem on Acer Aspire Switch 10

Hello,

Need your help on this issue.

After several tried I was able to update to Windows 10 however due to lack of space on HD (32Gb) the update asked me to connect a USB (10Gb) drive which I did, during the same process when I was trying to update and cleaning the disk, all apps were reasssigned to to a 64 GB Micro SSD that is inserted into the computer for added storage.

Now I boot the system:

1) I get a error saying "Location is not available" C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is Unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again.

Please let me know I can get rid of this problem ? Both the SSD and USB are connected to laptop.

Thanks

Nik

:)

Nikibaba, Nov 23, 2018

2. Acer Unveils the 2-in-1 Aspire Switch 10

Acer unveils the 2-in-1 Acer Aspire Switch 10 that's a notebook and tablet combined in one flexible device with four modes for touch, typing, viewing, and sharing at any time. The smart device features a magnetic detachable Acer Snap Hinge design for easy transition between modes, latch-free keyboard docking, and optional additional storage capabilities. The Acer Aspire Switch 10 is the ideal companion that helps users stay a touch more connected wherever they go.

Acer Chief Marketing Officer Michael Birkin said, "The Acer Aspire Switch 10 is a winner. A brilliant package of portability, flexibility and vibrancy. It is a stunning addition to the Acer portfolio of Connected Devices - putting you in control of your world - work or play."

Windows 10 update problem on Acer Aspire Switch 10 Acer_Aspire_Switch_10_01_thm.jpg

"The market is experiencing explosive growth in the 2-in-1 category and Acer has been a leading innovator," said Peter Han, Vice President of Worldwide OEM Marketing, Microsoft. "We are looking forward to partnering with Acer on the launch of their new Acer Aspire Switch which will provide customers with a great Windows 8.1 experience for both touch and keyboard."

Switch between 4 modes for seamless touch, typing, viewing, and sharing
    From students who want a device for study and play, to business travelers needing multi-functional methods of working and staying socially connected on the go, the Acer Aspire Switch 10 fits smartly anywhere with four modes of usage - notebook, pad, display, and tent.

• Notebook mode - as a fully functional PC with spacious keyboard and Precision Touchpad for comfortable typing and productive work.
    • Pad mode - as a tablet for browsing the Internet, viewing movies, and having everything in your hand.
    • Display mode - switch the screen to show content, such as a presentation file in meetings or sharing photos with friends.
    • Tent mode - for confined spaces while traveling such as an airplane cabin or on a side coffee table. It's also the ideal mode for watching movies.
    Sturdy Acer Snap Hinge design
    The Acer Snap Hinge allows users to switch easily between the four modes. It features a magnetic detachable design for latch-free docking and smooth transition. The sturdy Acer Snap Hinge includes two hooks to firmly connect the tablet to the keyboard, plus a 2-way connector that holds the tablet for convenient two-sided viewing. The tablet can easily be plugged or released (by lifting) from the dock with a magnetic force capable of holding 2.8 kg (6.2 lb.) in weight.

Elegant, portable design for maximum productivity
    The aluminum rear cover of the tablet features an architectonic cross-brush pattern achieved through nano imprint lithography technology (NIL) and delivers an elegant touch.

The Aspire Switch 10 is one of the thinnest 2-in-1 devices on the market, measuring less than 8.9 mm thin (0.35 inches) in tablet mode and 20.2 mm (0.44 inches) with the keyboard dock. Weighing just 0.59 kg (1.29 lb.) for the tablet only and 1.17 kg (2.58 lb.) for the tablet and keyboard, the light and ultra-thin design is ideal for bringing on the road.

The 10.1-inch display (1366 x 768 pixels) with IPS technology provides wide viewing angle of up to 178-degrees, and richer colors. Zero Air Gap technology delivers more vibrant and crisp images, while Acer LumiFlex solution further optimizes screen visibility during outdoor activities, even under sunlight.

The Acer Aspire Switch 10 with up to 64 GB of storage and 2 GB of RAM is powered by an Intel Atom (Bay Trail T) quad-core processor for fast performance and multitasking in all modes. Windows 8.1 includes several intuitive features, such as InstantGo that keeps data and apps up-to-date even when the screen is off by maintaining an Internet connection along with an efficient power-saving feature so it's ready to go at any moment. It comes pre-loaded with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 at no additional expense so users can create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents virtually anywhere.

The Precision Touchpad enhances sensitivity and accuracy for the same visual experience as using a touch screen and supports six core Windows 8.1 Touchpad gestures for improved navigation and smooth gestures. The spacious keyboard ensures comfy and productive typing, while an optional keyboard dock with integrated hard-disk offers additional storage of up to 500 GB.

Built-in AcerCloud means users will never be unprepared as they can easily access and manage their data anywhere. AcerCloud apps offer real time information, data management, and data security across multiple devices for immediate synchronizing.

Optional accessories include the Acer Snap Case that protects and packs the tablet and keyboard for easy carry, and the micro USB cable that serves as a connection and charging hub.

Pricing and availability
    The Acer Aspire Switch 10 will be availability in Pan America and Europe, Middle East and Africa in late May with prices starting at US $379.99/€ 349.- respectively.

Cristian_25H, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update on Acer Aspire Switch 10E

Trying to install latest Windows 10 update on Acer Aspire Switch 10E - it wants 16G of space the tablet section (operating area) doesn't have. is there a work around?

Bobbie Hudd, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Erdeslawe Win User

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( http://www.notebook-driver.com/acer/acer-aspire-5560-5560g-windows-driver-utility/ ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update problem on Acer Aspire Switch 10 - Similar Threads - update problem Acer

2. Converting Acer Aspire Switch to Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Converting Acer Aspire Switch to Monitor: Hi all, My old work laptop is a Acer Aspire Switch 11v. The other day the battery gave out and with no need for this device I decided to convert it to a monitor. After stripping out the bare screen I found what I believe to be the the screen model number "TC116GFL02 M1-A"...
  3. Converting Acer Aspire Switch to Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Converting Acer Aspire Switch to Monitor: Hi all, My old work laptop is a Acer Aspire Switch 11v. The other day the battery gave out and with no need for this device I decided to convert it to a monitor. After stripping out the bare screen I found what I believe to be the the screen model number "TC116GFL02 M1-A"...
  4. Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10: This is possibly not a Windows 10 question but I hope you can help. I am trying to setup live streaming for the local church during this period of lock down due to Covid. I have a trial system working from home using my laptop or PC so no problem with that aspect. I have been...
  5. Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire V5-122P Windows 10: I installed windows 10 on my Acer Aspire V5-122p and after some days I started experiencing mouse lagging issue. I'm unable to recover my last windows due to the time....
  6. Acer Aspire Switch 10V

Acer Aspire Switch 10V: Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able help me with a problem with my tablet. About 6hrs ago it started resetting itself and this message would appear.[IMG] I even tried to do a system recovery/reset and this message always appears. [IMG] Any suggestion would be of great...
  7. Acer aspire 3 windows 10 ,camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acer aspire 3 windows 10 ,camera: Why does my camera keep freezing up after a few seconds and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-aspire-3-windows-10-camera/ecf87edf-1b79-4ef3-b210-c3580b21dc93
  8. 1803 and 1809 update on 32 GB Acer Aspire Switch

1803 and 1809 update on 32 GB Acer Aspire Switch: Hi, Ok, so let me try and give a brief on this problem. I have scoured the internet everywhere, trying to figure out how to install the update on Media Creation Tool, how to stop the updates and even considering downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 8 or 8.1. I originally...
  9. Windown 10 Update fail - Acer Aspire S7

Windown 10 Update fail - Acer Aspire S7: Hi, The auto update for Windows 10 crashed my laptop (Aspire S7) and it is now stuck on "Please insert the external storage media and press OK". It is inserted and it does not change anything. I have restarted with and without external storage, it always comes back to...
  10. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aspire switch 10 windos

2. windos 10 for aspire switch 10

3. acer update problem in windows 10

4. my aaspire switch has failed to install new windows shows error code,
  5. acer aspire switch 10 windows 10,
  6. acer aspire switch 10e disk problem,
  7. aspire a515-51g windows 10 update issues,
  8. acer aspire e15 not able to update windows 10,
  9. aspire switch 10 v windows 10 update,
  10. acer aspire: problem with on/off switch,
  11. aspire switch 10v windows update,