Windows 10: Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse

Discus and support Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot get my mouse or keyboard to work after installing the latest Windows 10 update. Brand new HP Pavilion i just had made from HP!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaleJ, Jul 11, 2020.

1. GaleJ Win User

Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse

I cannot get my mouse or keyboard to work after installing the latest Windows 10 update. Brand new HP Pavilion i just had made from HP!!

:)

GaleJ, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 11, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update problem with keyboard/mouse - Similar Threads - update problem keyboard

2. Problems with Mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Mouse and keyboard: I have been having this problem where I am idle for a few moments whilst watching a YouTube video or a tv show on my computer. My keyboard and mouse stop working. both are connected and show as connected on the PC but none of the keys on the keyboard work and with the mouse I...
  3. Problems with Mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Mouse and keyboard: I have been having this problem where I am idle for a few moments whilst watching a YouTube video or a tv show on my computer. My keyboard and mouse stop working. both are connected and show as connected on the PC but none of the keys on the keyboard work and with the mouse I...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Problem: This problem started happening a few weeks ago. The keyboard and mouse were acting weird. Sometimes when I type, certain letters weren't added even if I press them and other keys like the space bar and enter sometimes don't work. Mouse does not move smoothly and sometimes...
  5. Problem with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with mouse and keyboard: So my mouse and keyboard stop responding entierly when i get to the log-in screen. They both light up during startup, and work in the bios/troubleshooting menu, but turn off when the login screen comes up. I think i happens when I update windows, but it wont let me roll back...
  6. Problem with mouse and keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with mouse and keyboard in Windows 10: Hello, I have a problem with my windows 10 for some days now. After some hours of using my computer, i get the same issue everytime: my keyboard does Not type any letters anymore; I am still able to use some commands like ctrl+alt+delete or alt+tab, but if i try to write any...
  7. Mouse and keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard problem: For the last 2 days (since the latest update) my wireless mouse and keyboard do not activate after the computer comes out of sleep. I have to do a full shutdown to bring them back. Is there a solution for this? I tried moving the toggle to a different port, put in fresh...
  8. Keyboard or mouse problem ?

Keyboard or mouse problem ?: Hello all. So for the few past days i've been having the most frustrating problem. My mouse and keyboard feels like it's not responding correctly. Keyboard just sort of stops when i'm writing something or playing a game, but it works again the moment i press key again. It's...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard problems: I have been using a wired mouse on my laptop but it doesnt let me click while using the keyboard. Like in a video game I cant walk and click at the same time, I have looked in so many places. Nothing works. Im using the laptop built in keyboard, with a wired mouse. On windows...
  10. windows 10 keyboard and mouse problems

windows 10 keyboard and mouse problems: Recently, my keyboard and mouse became very slow in response. I type very fast, and it is very annoying. the mouse is also affected. It takes forever to scroll down a web page. What's wrong, and can it be fixed? Have already checked the filters - they are off....