Windows 10: Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports

Discus and support Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the most recent update of Windows 10 2 of my 3 VIA USB 3.0 ports are non-functional. The message I get is Code 31. I have a Toshiba Satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KneelynnGray, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports

After the most recent update of Windows 10 2 of my 3 VIA USB 3.0 ports are non-functional. The message I get is Code 31. I have a Toshiba Satellite C-55D B5102 laptop. I uninstalled o0n of the USB drivers and have not been able to re-install any update. The Windows system trouble shooter states I have the most updated drivers.

How can I update those two USB ports? Thanks.

:)

KneelynnGray, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 21, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports

1. Windows 10 update problem with USB 3.0 ports - Similar Threads - update problem USB

2. USB port problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port problem: last week i did a "soft" restore on my Lenovo ideacentre b520 and since then have had a lot of problems with the system. The most annoying one now is that only 1 of the 4 USB ports is working and its on the back. One more on the back and the two side ones are not working. Any...
  3. USB Port problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port problem: how do i get my external drive usb port showing on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-problem/7b59e657-c9d2-4029-95ca-2748b795cbf9
  4. USB Port problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Port problem: how do i get my external drive usb port showing on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-problem/7b59e657-c9d2-4029-95ca-2748b795cbf9
  5. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  6. usb 3 ports not detected

usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  7. USB-3 ports not working Windows 10

USB-3 ports not working Windows 10: I don't know when it happened, because I haven't tried to use my USB ports in a while, but today I discovered that all of them are not working. The USB-C port is working fine. I have tried Restarting the computer Changing USB cords, devices, ports Changing the power...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. iPhone and iPad don't update on USB 2 port update fine on USB 3 port

iPhone and iPad don't update on USB 2 port update fine on USB 3 port: Why would an iOS update fail when normal iOS sync-type operations continue to work just fine? And why does using a USB 3 port for those iOS updates work without problem? I recently had to update my iPad and iPhone to iOS 12.4. No big deal,I've done those updates lots of...
  10. Problem with Windows 10 USB ports

Problem with Windows 10 USB ports: Hello, I have a problem with the usb port expansions: 1. Inserting usb devices (even directly after rebooting the laptop) with storage devices such as pendrive, usb hard drives means that either this device will be read correctly or not. It is completely accidental. 2....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb problems after windows10 update