Windows 10: Windows 10 update problem

Discus and support Windows 10 update problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a problem that windows update can't install. My computer asks me to update and restart when I click it it restarts but the update stays 0% all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ren Ashbel, May 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update problem

I have a problem that windows update can't install. My computer asks me to update and restart when I click it it restarts but the update stays 0% all the time I have to unplug my device to close it and when I check at the Windows Update in the setting the program will start to crash so I can't do anything about it I try to troubleshoot windows update but it didn't help me so I want to know how to fix this issue. Thank you

:)

Ren Ashbel, May 16, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 16, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 16, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update problem

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update problem

1. Windows 10 update problem - Similar Threads - update problem

2. Taskbar problems after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar problems after 20H2 update: After I installed the update 20H2 on my machine, I've been experiencing some issues with my taskbar.First, the search on the start menu no longer works, as well as on the search box.I was typing on the GIF above.Second, the new News and Interests panel doesn't show up upon...
  3. Problems with SetUpDiag Tool and Windows 10 Update Failed-error 0x80070003 Please help me,...

Problems with SetUpDiag Tool and Windows 10 Update Failed-error 0x80070003 Please help me,...: This all started with a graphics problem with a video game I play from time to time. The screen was all black. The developers told me it was because the graphics card was using my intel card over my Nvidia card. The issue persists and they tell me to contact Nvidia correctly....
  4. Windows Update Problems

Windows Update Problems: I and running Windows 10 version 1909. For a few weeks Windows Update would run and find an update to be installed but the update would fail. Today I found that Windows was having problems running KB4023057. I attempted running it from the Windows Update Catalog. I...
  5. Another Windows 10 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Windows 10 Update Problem: Hiya, I've been trying to update one of my computers. It's currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1909 (build 18363.1556 if that's important). When I go to Windows Update it says 'your device is missing important security and quality fixes' when I check for updates...
  6. PROBLEMS AFTER WINDOWS UPDATES : FULL PIXELATED SCREEN..

PROBLEMS AFTER WINDOWS UPDATES : FULL PIXELATED SCREEN..: AFTER EVERY AUTOMATIC WINDOWS 10 UPDATE WHEN I START UP MY LAPTOP I GET A FULL SCREEN OF PIXELS DOTS COVERING THE WHOLE SCREEN & HAVE TO SWITCH OFF & ON TO BYPASS IT. i THERE ANYTHING I CAN TRY TO STOP THIS. HAPPENING. i HAVE TRIED PAUSING THE UPDATES BUT THAT HAS NOT WORKED....
  7. Windows 10 update Problems

Windows 10 update Problems: Hi!I am running a software house and have been operating various websites like so you can image the use of laptop to me. It is like bread and butter to me. When it goes bad, my whole day ruin.I have 10th gen Hp laptop which comes under warranty of 3 years. From the past few...
  8. Security Update Problem

Security Update Problem: After successfully updating recent security updates on my Windows 10 Version 1909 and they showed updating successfully in update history, instead of a note saying that my computer is up to date, it still says "you"re not up to date". I check for updates again, but nothing...
  9. SEVERE PROBLEM: Is Windows 10 Update Version 21H1 more secure?

in Windows 10 Support
    SEVERE PROBLEM: Is Windows 10 Update Version 21H1 more secure?: Hi all, I've spent the past few weeks trying to find an answer on Microsoft's site but I haven't been able to find much help... I'm running Windows 10 Pro 2004 with the June Cumulative Update installed, but I'm not running Windows 10 Version 21H1. I want to install a few new...
  10. Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can bitlocker create problems during upgrades or updates?: Hello,I posting to see how medium to large organizations that utilize bitlocker are able to not worry about updates or upgrades with bitlocker.Is there a common management process that allows for this to function consistently? Can updates / upgrades be automated with...