Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own a HP Spectre. I have had no problems updating my computer in the past. However update 1903 rolled around and my computer hasn't updated since. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by QuantumStarlight, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre

I own a HP Spectre. I have had no problems updating my computer in the past. However update 1903 rolled around and my computer hasn't updated since. I can download the update then it goes through the install process, after which it fails saying there was a problem and that I can fix the issue in BIOS. Looking in BIOS there seems to be nothing wrong or in need of repair. Everything is as it was when I got the computer brand new. I will say that the issue didn't start until update 1903 and now it is persisting even with the new 1909 update. I am very frustrated and have looked up many solutions and have tried just about all of them to no avail. My computer still functions like a dream no other problems have occurred. It is just annoying knowing that it is not up to date with the current software. Especially now that the version I am running is going to become an unsupported version. I have looked through the various posts and haven't found anything that helps my specific problem. I could take it in to be repaired; however, I would like to fix it myself if I am able to. I should go into more detail about the issue. There is a button that says fix issues after the download of the update. Once I click it, it initializes then it opens a pop up saying that I should contact the manufacturer or check system BIOS because my computer can't run Windows 10, which is absurd. No amount of restarting can help. On the off chance that I am able to install the update and restart my computer, when I log back on it says install unsuccessful followed by a pop up saying fix issues. Then it just repeats and it goes on and on. Can anyone help me solve this mystery?

Thanks in advance!!

:)

QuantumStarlight, Dec 9, 2019

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Dec 9, 2019
  3. MARKDS9 Win User
    Can't setup Windows Hello after fall update on HP Spectre x360

Hi

Johann Eva,

I am very confused re:your reply. The last reply on the thread was 12/23/2017. My reply on 01/04/2018 is only 10 days after which I don't consider old. Additionally,
    the question "Can't setup Windows Hello after Fall Update on HP Spectre x360" is directly answered by my suggestion to update the driver on the HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR, which is the camera used in the spectre x360 13" and 15", which will solve
    most problems using Windows Hello after the Fall Creators update with the spectre x360 camera. Regardless, I will post no more.

MARKDS9, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre

HP Spectre X360 cant update to Windows 10 PRO

I was able to upgrade my HP Spectre x360 from Windows 10 Home to Pro by going to Action Center, All Settings, Windows Update & Security, Activation click "Change Product Key" I had a Windows 8 Pro Key that I purchase from Microsoft but wasn't using the
    Key, Windows 10 Pro Activate on the HP Spectre x360 without a problem.

StevenCelius, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre

1. Windows 10 Update Problems HP Spectre - Similar Threads - Update Problems Spectre

2. HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Spectre x360 Touchpad problem. oem12.inf: I have an HP Spectre x360 13.5 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 14-ef0000 3Y837AV. And for the past few months I've been having constant problems with the touchpad. The touchpad either stops responding, or the cursor moves with a terrible delay. - Provider [ Name]...
  3. 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD: Few days ago 22H2 downloaded and I began the upgrade. During the restart process after installation, the laptop just sat there with the HP logo and spinning disc. After half an hour of this, I did a hard reboot. Same thing happened again on restart HP logo and spinning...
  4. 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD: Few days ago 22H2 downloaded and I began the upgrade. During the restart process after installation, the laptop just sat there with the HP logo and spinning disc. After half an hour of this, I did a hard reboot. Same thing happened again on restart HP logo and spinning...
  5. No Audio on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio on HP Spectre: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured)....
  6. Can't run windows 10 on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't run windows 10 on HP Spectre: I get a message that my HP Spectre x 360 convertible cant run Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-windows-10-on-hp-spectre/4b2ccb6a-329c-4453-8f21-d532c6e9b018
  7. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  8. Hp Spectre flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Spectre flickers: My laptop specs are: HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx Intel Core i-7 8550U CPU Display Adapters: IntelR UHD Graphics 620 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 ImageLink: https://imgur.com/7ep8hGL My screen keeps flickering like this whenever there is a change in display which is either when...
  9. HP Spectre x360 convertible screen brightness problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible screen brightness problems: Hello, I have a screen brightness problem brightness not adjusting that I have been trying to find a fix for more than 6 months now without success. My laptop isHp Spectre x360 - 13-4103dx Engergy Star. I have checked and tried different suggestions as follows1 updating the...
  10. no camera on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no camera on HP Spectre: My HP Spectre laptop has the camera issue that has been discussed a lot on this forum. My issue is that it doesn't even show up in the device manager. And when I go to the camera app, the uninstall bar is grayed out. I am at a loss on how to get my camera. I have even done a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with windows on hp spectre