Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I found this forum while having an update problem with Windows 10 (Build 19042.867) and hope that someone here can help me fixing it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gibtnix, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Gibtnix Win User

Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637

Hello everyone, I found this forum while having an update problem with Windows 10 (Build 19042.867) and hope that someone here can help me fixing it. I cannot install the current Windows 10 update KB5003637. The update installs and reaches 100% but then stops with the error code 0x800f081f and unwinds the update process. I tried to analyze the error and found several ressources online that point to different possible solutions. First, running 'sfc /scannow' and 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' and retry the update - no success, same error. Then I found a few reports that this update produces this error when Microsoft Edge is uninstalled. Indeed I uninstalled several Windows 10 Apps using the PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command. I also uninstalled the Edge Browser, still this is impossible using the PowerShell. For this, I used setup.exe --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\<Version>\Installer' directory and thereafter deleted the Legacy Edge Browser by using install_wim_tweak.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Internet-Browser-Package /r called by a batch file to uninstall Edge Legacy that I found somewhere online. So indeed, both Edge versions are removed from my Windows installation. So might this cause this error? Anyway, for further testing I tried to reinstall Edge. Reinstalling Edge Chromium works fine, but the update still does not work. Additionally, I also tried to reinstall Edge Legacy. I copied the package source directory 'C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe' from a working Windows 10 installation, thereafter running in PowerShell Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose} generally works at first but stops with an IOException. I did not find out any more whats going wrong. I know that it is possible to install missing Windows components by using a fresh installation of Windows 10 that keeps all applications and settings, I think this behaves similarly to certain major updates that leave a 'Windows.old' directory. This might be the way to go if nothing else helps, but whats the best way to proceed here? Wait until the update might be fixed by itself? A repair installation seems a bit too much for me here, I think its a pretty simple issue once one know whats going wrong... Appreciating any comments. Thanks in advance!

:)

Gibtnix, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 16, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Problems with KB5003637 - Similar Threads - Update Problems KB5003637

2. Windows 10 search crashes after KB5003637 update

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search crashes after KB5003637 update: Hello,Since KB5003637 update, Windows search through task bar or explorer doesn't work.It seems to be linked to my user profile. It works with another user session on my computer.I tried all cortana troubleshooting with no success indexation, register base,...Thanks for your...
  3. Windows 10 Update error 0x800F0922 with KB5003637

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update error 0x800F0922 with KB5003637: For some pre-context, this started after I uninstalled KB5003637 and a feature update. I don't remember the details of the feature update I removed. My windows version is 20H2 build 19042.985 As the title states, trying to perform windows updates to get Windows back up to...
  4. KB5003637 Update is not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003637 Update is not installing: Hey community,1 month ago i was getting a problem while updating a version of windows 20H2 . When i ask here i found that my windows was corrupted and i was suggested to do clean install of windows by media creation tool. I was thinking that when will 21H1 Update will come i...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 x64 2021-6 KB5003637--Servicing Update problem

Windows 10 20H2 x64 2021-6 KB5003637--Servicing Update problem: Hello--June 10 the 2021-6 updates showed up for the MST, Cum Framework and Regular Cumulative update. I am at 19042.985, which is 20H2They all started D/L'ing Then MST started the Install Phase first while the other two were saving. Net framework was the next to complete the...
  6. Win 10 Taskbar Problem after June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update

Win 10 Taskbar Problem after June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update: Hi,My rightmost part of the icons on the taskbar i.e. time, notifications, minimized programs, sound, volume etc.; disappeared after the June 8, 2021—KB5003637 update. Same problem also happens albeit occasionally on the "search" field on the taskbar as well.The problem does...
  7. Problem with latest update June 8, 2021—KB5003637

Problem with latest update June 8, 2021—KB5003637: This was installed 6/9/21, I don't know what time but now on 6/10/21 I have no sound. I tried restarting, trouble shoot sound and nothing helped. Anyone else having an issue or know how I can get the volume back?...
  8. Big problem with recent KB5003637, KB5003254, and Windows 10 21H1 updates

Big problem with recent KB5003637, KB5003254, and Windows 10 21H1 updates: Houston, you have a problem. I have 2 computers. On the first one, from Windows update, I did the KB updates KB5003637, KB5003254 .NET framework and cumulative 20H2 updates first. When I did that, the option to update to 21H1 disappeared seeming permanently.So on my second...
  9. KB5003637

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB5003637: Following the install of KB5003637 - the June 2021 Windows update, and the appearance of News and Interests feature, and switching off the feature from the Task Bar settings menu, it results in an instability of the Task Bar Notification area. It corrupts and randomly double...
  10. Kb5003637

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb5003637: I just installed KB5003637 and it destroyed my taskbar; I am running Classic Start Menu and I don't know if that was an issue or not, but I uninstalled the update and things are working now. 180744