Windows 10: Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity

Discus and support Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Since the Windows 10 update, I've had numerous problems with my computer. Some were solved when I received tech support from this site. Two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 81260db, Oct 7, 2019.

1. 81260db Win User

Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity

Hi, Since the Windows 10 update, I've had numerous problems with my computer. Some were solved when I received tech support from this site. Two problems remain that occur when I shut my computer off and restart.

First, the touchpad no longer allows two finger scrolling. While this may seem minor, it is a problem because I use my computer to design labels and I can't use some of the functions on my design sites because I can't use the two finger scroll.

Second, everytime I restart, the computer does not recognize my internet connection. I have to "repair" it everytime so that the computer is reconfiguring the connection. While this just takes a few minutes to do, it is extremely annoying.

Good technical help would be appreciated. Please don't answer if you are selling your "services"

:)

81260db, Oct 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro Synaptics touch pad and Internet connectivity issue

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try with the below steps and check if it helps.

1, Synaptics touch pad scrolling function not working.

This could be due to corrupt or incompatible drivers. I would suggest you to update drivers and check.

Update the drivers for this device

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Device manager.
    • Click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If the issue persist I would suggest you to visit manufacturer's website and install the latest driver sin compatibility mode and check if issue persist.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
      select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    2, Frequently disconnecting from the Internet:

I would suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box in taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Please also run Internet connections troubleshooter and check.

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box in taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Internet Connections".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity

Windows 10 Pro Synaptics touch pad and Internet connectivity issue

After I upgraded to windows 10. I found two issues with my Toshiba laptop Model L635

1, Synaptics touch pad scrolling function not working.

Horizontal and vertical scrolling function through touch pad is not working with windows 10 but it was working with windows 8.1 and windows 10 technical preview,

Synaptics Driver version :- 19.0.10.0

Driver date :- 28/05/2015

2, Frequently disconnecting from the Internet both wifi, usb connections,

Suddenly disconnecting from the Internet both wifi, usb connections and it shows limited connectivity, but other devices are working from the same internet connection. then if I restart the laptop again it will work fine.

Thanks for any help

Thomas xavier, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity

1. Windows 10 update - problems with touch pad and internet connectivity - Similar Threads - update problems touch

2. Keyboard and touch pad not working in windows 10 after getting connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and touch pad not working in windows 10 after getting connected to the internet: Hi, I am facing a problem with keyboard and touch pad of my laptop HP Pavilion X 360. it was not working when windows 10 booted but working under bios and also when windows was reinstalled it was working but when i was connected to the internet it stops working from that...
  3. touch pad,update

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch pad,update: my touchpad is not workingg, while mouse worksss....whenevr i click on update optionnn the settings tab closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-padupdate/dd035ce9-0a96-42ed-8117-b9e18224e6db
  4. touch pad problem

touch pad problem: My touch pad makes things larger or small depending on something I do. I want to turn this irritating feature off! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/cc8f5a00-6f41-4f84-9244-33bbdf405481
  5. Mice and touch pad problems in Windows 10

Mice and touch pad problems in Windows 10: Hi, I running windows 10 pro activated in a Lenovo v 310 laptop. Last week suddenly the mouse on the touch pad started behaving erratically. The main problems are as follows:- - The cursor does not move sometimes - When it works and I click on a file item it suddenly...
  6. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: is it possible to have my touch pad off while my mouse is plugged in on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problems/26c2f102-37a9-4cc1-8fb3-6800547dd711
  7. Touch pad problem

Touch pad problem: don't work properly need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-problem/d41d66d2-f0c5-48a7-a7c6-3b2204570cca
  8. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: How do I disable Tapping on my Windows 10 Touchpad found the following answer For you to turn off the tap-to-click feature on your Windows 10 touchpad, we recommend trying the steps below: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer...
  9. touch pad problem

touch pad problem: My touchpad seems disabled, even though in settings it is on. Small orange light illuminated at top left of touchpad. Only little button works to move curser. Tapping the light once or twice does not turn it off....
  10. touch pad problems

touch pad problems: Unable to enable the touchpad. I tried going to the mouse settings >additional mouse settings but there was no option for touch pad... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-pad-problems/e36badf2-931a-469b-93db-b8f8e3a77680