Windows 10: Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im doing this as a last ditch effort to save my computer that I just bought 3 months prior to the mid October Update. I have had numerous calls to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HeatherBishop3, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!!

Im doing this as a last ditch effort to save my computer that I just bought 3 months prior to the mid October Update.

I have had numerous calls to support about this issue and there seems to be no answers ,

Ill give you the short version.... the Update that was sent out in mid October had my laptop generate a Guest Admin account WDGAU that has taken over all rights to my computer and only has me in user mode and no authority to delete anything!! Not even a word document

WDGUA is Windows Defender. After hours of research I have come to the conclusion that the update triggered a response with Windows Defender and something went haywire and my machine has been locked because of it.

The WDGUA Admin did this: Set up the Guest Admin account, and reduced me down to a "user" that has absolutely no privledges. The update windows sent had the prior Owner of the laptop as the Admin ..... however........, ...The purchase was legal, my windows software etc is registered to me as is this laptop. I have the recovery Key and and the support desk has talked to me several times over the past weeks and even remote in on my device to try to help. But they will not remove this guy off my computer !!! All they say is to do a reinstall with a USB and it will be back to normal...... HOWEVER.....

My PC is overloaded and only has 742MB of memory left. I cannot uninstalll anything on this computer at all...I cant compress files, I cant move them to the Cloud and, because its full, .... I cant even wipe this laptop out to factory settings. Its telling me I need 10 GB of memory.... Ive tried and it tells me there isnt enough memory to even attempt to do it and when I tried to proceed I got the UAC admin block from windows defender..so even if I do get this cleaned off enough... Im locked and have view only privledges....... And the best part is, there isnt anything on this laptop, except what windows and HP have preloaded into this. I have nothing personal on this laptop what so ever!! But with a UAC block I cant even unload any bloatware or the 7 pending installs Windows has in que

So to recap... I have a machine overloaded with bloatware from two corporations HP and Windows , and Microsoft OWNS Windows Defender The Admin on my laptop!!..... HP tells me im out of luck because I have no warranty left, Windows tells me Im out of luck because I need to figure out how to get the hard drive cleaned off so I can reinstall the software that triggered this mess....

I have a Guest Admin and the prior owner as Admins on my computer. I am only a user. I have begged Microsoft to get the prior owner off of my computer,.. they wont. They CANT get WDGAU off my computer because it was triggered by thy update.... I have USB drive ready to go because last week I was ASSURED multiple times by Support that all I had to do was "download the reinstall on the USB and click a few buttons" and Id have my computer back and no Admins on it..... I honestly closed up this laptop and put it away for a couple days hoping there would be a patch announce. Im not alone in this struggle and the "news networks" that were reporting a couple weeks ago regarding a technology giant going after another technology giant..... lets just say the descriptions on "why" it happened were similar to what I am experiencing.

I know I am not the only person with this issue because I can tell by what people post whats going on... ive been dealing with it for a month and actually researched every possible thing I could try to get a work around to this situation.... My last attempt was a reinstall via BIOS but UAC Windows Defender halted that as well!!!

Can Microsoft go in this lap top and clean out space for me ? Can they undo the 27GB they are taking up with 3 different stages of files? I even saw the hidden files they have waiting to be connected!! I would think if I could get those off of there somehow and the old owner off of MY LAPTOP I can get this to work..... am I wrong.... someone please help!!

:)

HeatherBishop3, Nov 13, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 Club

Settings > Update & recovery > Windows Update > Check for updates

And what AV do you mean...Defender?

What's "good enough" for you?

Defender's just fine by me...BTW. That or MSE suffice...for my uses.*Smile Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare!  UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!! :)

MrGenius, Nov 13, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Nov 13, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!!

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare!  UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!! :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!!

1. Windows 10 update / Recovery / Reinstall / Absolute Nightmare! UAC Windows Defender BLOCK!!! - Similar Threads - update Recovery Reinstall

2. Windows 10 recovery Nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 recovery Nightmare: Hi,I recently noticed my maching was running slow so i can the Lenovo Vantage scan. noticed that the battery wasnt charging despite of being conncted with the charger. So i found out this Error :There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you...
  3. My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.

My PC absolutely refuses to update or reinstall windows.: Hi all. I never make posts like this when it comes to PC problems. I have had a long hard search through other topics and posts but it seems this is beyond me. I'm trying to update Windows 10 pro from 1909 to 21H1 and being met with update failures. I have tried updating via...
  4. Windows 10 update nightmare

Windows 10 update nightmare: Recently my computer did an update and I have seen the blue screen of death too many times now. My computer is new this is never happened now my web browser is crashing, my computer just restarting. I uninstall the last update and now my HDMI port won’t work I’m aggravated...
  5. Windows 10 update nightmare

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update nightmare: I had an update on my laptop which is hooked up to dual monitors. When I started it this morning, all my display settings were wiped out. My monitors, which were 1 and 2, became 3 and something like 1I14, and they were backward, and the resolution is all messed up. I can't...
  6. Windows update nightmare

Windows update nightmare: Yesterday I went to my desktop. it said updating. I go back later and i see a black screen with boot error. After hours of trying to get started, I make a usb boot drive. Restore, uninstall updates, restore point, none of these are working. I log into notepad to see my...
  7. UAC is blockes

in Windows 10 Customization
    UAC is blockes: Hi, CMD, mostly windows command and 3rd party apps. can't open in admin mode. Each time UAC appears and ask for password. Abdul https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-blockes/8ba61147-3aba-46ef-90b5-a05f4b9daed7
  8. Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903

Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903: The forced Windows 10 1903 update really did a doozy on my PC. Thank you very much! Several hours today a real Microsoft tech attempted to make the fix but no go it's now been escalated to level 2, and an appointment set for tomorrow. Extremely high CPU usage makes this...
  9. Windows 10 is so SLOW..... it's been an absolute nightmare !

Windows 10 is so SLOW..... it's been an absolute nightmare !: I'm fed up with how MS is advertsing Windows 10 as being fast and the best. It is in fact the worse ever. It is so slow. It slows everything else down with it and seems to be permanently running windows update which is probably why it is so slow and worse you can't turn...
  10. Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.

Windows 10 Defender, Update, Recovery, Reset, and reinstall not working.: To provide some context: Everything was perfectly fine about a week ago, no detected threats, no malfunctions. Then, I noticed Windows Defender being off on every boot up, so i turned it back on again. At one point, I could not activate windows defender anymore, as I was...