Windows 10: Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu.

Discus and support Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As always, Windows 10 update broke something again. Now my HP laptop finger sign in is not working. (it was before) When I go to the help screen for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomBallardnd, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu.

As always, Windows 10 update broke something again. Now my HP laptop finger sign in is not working. (it was before) When I go to the help screen for sign-in options, finger print scan is no longer an option. Please, if you're answering this, do not ask me to re-load or download anything. My experience is that these option just cause more problems (as is the MS way). This isn't rocket science. The finger reader worked before the drivers are still there, this is a MS update snafu. Please help.

:)

TomBallardnd, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

3. Microsoft Will Soon Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8.1

I'm picturing the typical Start menu, except with numerous side tree arrows for everything listed in it to accommodate their new app heavy menu trend. They're going to keep their sticky fingers in it somehow you just know.

I spent quite a bit of time updating my neighbor's W8 equipped laptop the other day just to finally install the lengthy 3.6GB 8.1 update on it to be able to get the boot to desktop option in the new taskbar Navigation tab. Then I was shocked that 8.1 would not let me install it without using a password login. So I remove the password login via the account settings, only to find you have to as well disable it in the power options for hibernate if you want to be completely free of it.

MS try and force FAR too many options on us for an OS that is more software compatible than any other.

Frag Maniac, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu.

Microsoft Will Soon Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8.1

You need to make a new account, when windows 8.1 just installed. then click sign in locally *Roll Eyes Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu. :rolleyes:

OT: But I love it that they are bringing it back. sure i love the metro interface on my surface. BUT NOT ON MY BIG PC SCREEN. thats why I have the whole stardock suite installed. it has an start menu, and the metro apps in your explorer window*Toast :toast:

Black.Raven, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu.

1. Windows 10 update removed finger login and option on sign-in menu. - Similar Threads - update removed finger

2. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  3. Login option not showing but recognising my finger print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login option not showing but recognising my finger print: I have a windows 11Hlw , actually a few days ago I changed some other users to standard user and my self to something I don't know , after all of that other user is able to log in but there is no option to sign in into my desktop . My desktop recognising my finger print but...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update remove option to login by password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Latest Windows 10 update remove option to login by password.: After a windows 10 update, my PC only allow PIN log in. I don't remember my PIN so I am unable to log on as admin on my PC. I do have my password but there is no option to use the password because I no longer have the "sign-in" option. I have tried almost everything have...
  5. Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?: Hi Team, "Remove" button is grayed out and I cannot let my users only sign in with password. They use Pin feature to sign in which they do not want. It is annoying for some users and only want to use password as the sign in option. Tried things in registry and...
  6. Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.

Windows 10 Sign-in Option Not Showing On login In Screen.: Hello, I was resetting my computer and with that, I added a pin to make it faster for me to sign in, but now there is no sign in options button like there was on my old build. Its not something I am worried about its just I want to know why....
  7. Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop

Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop: My finger print scanner was sporadically working earlier, and to correct it I decided to reset my finger prints. Then even the finger print option is not coming in sign-in options at the start. What to do?...
  8. Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...

Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...: Hi, I have a surfacepro x with latest Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop joined to our office network domain, the sign-in options are unavailable / greyed out stating that some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I already did some suggestions belo but...
  9. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Remove sign in option

Remove sign in option: Help!! I am visually impaired and have tried to remove the sign in option when I turn on my laptop because I can't see well enough to fill in the boxes or use the keyboard (I actually have someone else typing this for me.) Unfortunately I've gone wrong. I pressed Windows...