Windows 10: windows 10 update removed printer

Discus and support windows 10 update removed printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows update has removed my printer which is now an unspecified device and not recognised as a printer and won't re-install as a printer. My Brother... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derekward3, Jun 18, 2020.

1. windows 10 update removed printer

windows update has removed my printer which is now an unspecified device and not recognised as a printer and won't re-install as a printer.

My Brother MFC5890cn has all up-to-date drivers and is connected via a usb. It was fine but the last windows update has declared it an unspecified device and I cannot locate it as a printer so it isn't printing. I can scan from it but nothing to it. I have tried troubleshooter which has failed to identify the problem.

:)

derekward3, Jun 18, 2020

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      windows 10 update removed printer c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 18, 2020
  4. windows 10 update removed printer

Window 10 - printer device will not remove

Hi,

Let us verify some information to properly assist you with this issue. Are you using Windows 10 Pro? If you are, please check out the troubleshooting steps shared by
    Ramesh Srinivasan on this
    link

You may also use the Print Management to remove the printer. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key, and type Print Management on the search bar
    • Select Print Management.
    • Once the page opens, go to Customer Files > All Printers.
    • Look for the printer that you want to remove, right-click it and select
      Delete

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 update removed printer

1. windows 10 update removed printer - Similar Threads - update removed printer

2. Cannot remove printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove printer: Windows 11The HP Laserjet Pro cannot connect to the scanner. There are some printers that were badly installed. The goal is to remove several printers.Here is an example of the instructions I find:But when the dialog is displayed, there is no Remove option. None.What are...
  3. Remove Security for Printers in Window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Security for Printers in Window 10: Et4750 printer/windows 10, will not let me print, or save after doing a Scan, how do I remove the security from the printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-security-for-printers-in-window-10/b2ed9f36-5b6a-43ee-8a99-4ed2d9cb5224
  4. Windows removes unused printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows removes unused printers: Hi,Noticed a few computers started removing printers automatically. Narrowed it down to Windows 10 maintenance tasks removing them. Just not sure which task removes them and disabling all maintenance tasks doesn't seem wise.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  5. Windows 10 update removes all printer's drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update removes all printer's drivers: Hello I have a problem with one of my computers, it serves as a printer hub in my workshop. I have 8 different printers each for different materials connected via USB to that PC. The PC itself is a bit old, but new enough to support windows 10 and good enough to serve...
  6. How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!

How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!: I have a printer. I have 3 different versions of the same printer - intentional. Like on is USB and another prints with specific settings. I tried installing another printer. I was having trouble and tried installing manually. I had the printer drivers. I had to choose...
  7. I cannot remove printer in windows 10.

I cannot remove printer in windows 10.: Dear Microsoft support team, My printer stays offline and cannot be connected (the "connect" is in gray color). I try to remove it from control panel but not successful. The status is now freezing "offline" and "removing device". Please help. SB...
  8. Windows update removes all connected printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update removes all connected printers: I work in a school that uses many computers that use windows 10. Every single time that an update is pushed to the computers and the computers update every printer that was connected to the computer is removed from the computer and I have to go to every computer and re-add...
  9. Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two updates appeared in the Windows Update dialog that will not install, nor can I remove them. Is there a way to get rid of...
  10. Remove Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Printer in Windows 10: How to: Remove Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information If you have a printer in Windows 10 that you no longer want added, then you can remove the printer. This tutorial will show you different ways on how to remove a printer in Windows 10. You must be signed in as...