Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Removing Files?

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Removing Files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my PC a while back, after it finished "cleaning up", random files from my PC have been deleted, mainly items in%appdata% and %localappdata%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by -- dr0m, Sep 16, 2020.

1. -- dr0m Win User

Windows 10 Update Removing Files?

I updated my PC a while back, after it finished "cleaning up", random files from my PC have been deleted, mainly items in%appdata% and %localappdata% It's starting to be extremely annoying and I'm not sure of the cause of this. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro Version 2004. All of my drivers are updated, etc. The files which so far have randomly been deleted are programs such as Discord, ShareX, Steam Games, Web Browsers and other random files. I have ran a virus scan and my PC is clean. This has only happened since the update. I've asked other forums for help and have had no luck, and was recommended to ask my question here. Is this problem known, and is there anything I can do to stop this from happening over and over again? I can also provide any sort of logs / download programs to help with the troubleshooting. Help would be appreciated.

:)

-- dr0m, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 16, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Removing Files? - Similar Threads - Update Removing Files

2. can windows 10 updates be removed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can windows 10 updates be removed?: Can windows 10 updates be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-10-updates-be-removed/e9da97a3-da0c-496b-b17c-c4cce4239277
  3. windows 10 update removed printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 update removed printer: windows update has removed my printer which is now an unspecified device and not recognised as a printer and won't re-install as a printer. My Brother MFC5890cn has all up-to-date drivers and is connected via a usb. It was fine but the last windows update has declared it an...
  4. Windows update changed computer and removed files

Windows update changed computer and removed files: Computer just updated one drive i am running windows 10. the update changed desktop, removed files, reset browser information and i can not restore my computer because it is greyed out now. I did have restore points but not now. I don't like changing my computer so I can't...
  5. Windows 10 removed some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 removed some files: This morning I set a different drive order in the bios so I could boot to windows 10. It went on to "check and repair" some files on two other drives and now some of my files are completely missing. I don't know if they were deleted or some security settings were changed. In...
  6. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  7. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  8. Removing an update from Windows 10

Removing an update from Windows 10: I'm having an issue with removing an update in Windows 10. A security update was installed yesterday that broke a networked drive and will not connect to it. I've tried the workarounds to reconnect the drive, but none worked so now I'm trying to remove the update. I go to...
  9. Windows 10 remove updates

Windows 10 remove updates: Windows help and Windows uninstall say that to remove an update, select update and choose Uninstall. Simple if the current screen had that option, so where have they hidden that option....
  10. windows-10-november-update Removed

in Windows 10 Support
    windows-10-november-update Removed: Not good news or is it. Proceed with caution and don't skip this information. Microsoft pulls the Windows 10 November Update Confused? Running the 10586.11 build with no issues. 31027