Windows 10: Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots

Discus and support Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Users on various forums are reporting issues when trying to install the August 2019 cumulative updates for Windows 10. These updates were released on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 15, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots

Users on various forums are reporting issues when trying to install the August 2019 cumulative updates for Windows 10. These updates were released on August 13 for Windows 10 version 1903, version 1809 and other supported versions with multiple bug fixes.

Some Windows 10 owners on a Reddit thread and Microsoft community forum are reporting that the cumulative update is failing to install with different errors. According to the discussion, Windows 10 cumulative update could fail to install with generic error messages like 0x80073701 and 0x800f0982.

While some users are having trouble when installing the updates, others claim their Windows 10 PC is randomly restarting after applying recent updates (not a particular August update).

“Screen goes black, PC shuts down. PC restarts, and goes straight to Desktop. As though it were just restarting normally, were it not for the fact that it doesn’t wait for programmes to close before doing so. I don’t have a login or anything, and it doesn’t go to BIOS either. There’s no way to diagnose this as it is completely sudden and without warning. 100% a problem caused by a recent Windows patch,” the user noted.

“I also started getting random unexpected restarts since going to 1903 this weekend. Can’t figure out what’s happening,” another user documented a similar issue.

It’s not clear how many devices have run into troubles after recent Windows Updates, but it’s likely to be a small minority of Windows 10 customers as there aren’t that many complaints.

The post Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 15, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Aug 15, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update reportedly fails to install, causes random reboots - Similar Threads - update reportedly fails

2. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing these random reboots: i got the bugcheck 0x0000007e again, i am going to attach the mini dump file i would much appreciate any help i don't know why this is happening to me AGAINhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_hYKX7H-e3EL24Fjym2SR2-48F6aezz/view?usp=sharingfor my situation before i had the same...
  3. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is causing these random reboots: i got the bugcheck 0x0000007e again, i am going to attach the mini dump file i would much appreciate any help i don't know why this is happening to me AGAINhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_hYKX7H-e3EL24Fjym2SR2-48F6aezz/view?usp=sharingfor my situation before i had the same...
  4. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing these random reboots: I have no idea what's going on but at night time after i am done using my pc after awhile it just randomly reboots with "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80735701f15, 0xffff8384b6b6eb58, 0xffff8384b6b6e390. A...
  5. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing these random reboots: I have no idea what's going on but at night time after i am done using my pc after awhile it just randomly reboots with "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80735701f15, 0xffff8384b6b6eb58, 0xffff8384b6b6e390. A...
  6. What is causing these random reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. KB5001330 Windows Update is reportedly causing performance drop in games, failed installs...

in Windows 10 News
    KB5001330 Windows Update is reportedly causing performance drop in games, failed installs...: Microsoft released the KB5001330 Windows Update this Tuesday, which brought many security fixes. Unfortunately it also seems to have introduced some issues, at least on some devices. [ATTACH] A handful of users on reddit have reported that the latest update causes...
  8. Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update is reportedly causing these critical issues: After the release of Windows 10’s September 2020 update (KB4571756 and KB4574727), users are reporting performance issues, Start Menu crashes, sign-in issues, temporary user profile bug, Blue Screen of Death, and a raft of other minor bugs. If any of this sounds familiar,...
  9. Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh Windows 10 install fails on reboot and causes flickering and then a crash.: Upon upgrading my fathers computer to an SSD and installing windows 10, I'm left completely stumped by the issue windows 10 causes. upon installation windows is 100% functional, i can install drivers and stress the computers hardware not a hardware fault; then upon X...
  10. Failed Installation And Compatibility Report

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Installation And Compatibility Report: 1°Screen-on MediaCreationToolx64 2°Screen-on 4.G) Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums Anyone can help me? 11778

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade 1809 failing causing random reboots