Windows 10: Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

Discus and support Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SofiaManousaki, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”.

After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed everything from my desktop and all the settings I had. It has removed the programs from my taskbar, and wiped all my Documents and folders and I realized that every folder was empty. Luckily, I found all of my files originally held in these folder, but I had to reassign all my files. I also noticed that all programs, browsers etc was like I had just installed them. It also reset my display personalizations. The problem is that after I reconfigured everything to my liking and shut off the computer everything was again changed the day I had the next update. None of my changes stay. I also found it to be a bit annoying that the update would change so much and reset so much on my computer. Also in “Users” folder, so many folders have been created some of which are empty, but still I can not understand their utility.

To sum up, most of my data seems to be intact but none of my changes stick after I update the computer, as I have to reconfigure all of my programs and settings, which is pointless and tiring. I am sure that I need to uninstall some update but I don’t know how and which one.

Should anyone can tell me what went wrong or how to fix it, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update 1e205439-a2a0-4062-ba25-e743a064a9c6?upload=true.png

:)

SofiaManousaki, Sep 22, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 always resets my Time

Hi,

Every time I restart or go into Linux then back to Windows it always resets and I have to update it via Internet. Why?

rk3066, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Bill Gaer Win User
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10  

Hi Brink

I have looked at the first method you suggested but Microsoft Edge is not featured in the Apps and Features List am I missing something?

If you haven't already, you might see if resetting Microsoft Edge may help fix it.

1) Reset App in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

2)Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Regards
    Bill

Bill Gaer, Sep 22, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

1. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update - Similar Threads - update reset desktop

2. After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting: So last night I updated and shutdown my laptop, Then, the next day when I turned my laptop on, I noticed that my desktop is different, such as the background, icons, and so I did a lot of personalizing to make it look as it usually is and after I'm done playing some games I...
  3. Pin reset every update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin reset every update: Can I stop windows from asking me to reset my pin every update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-reset-every-update/c56f17c0-4e08-4021-8a74-a397594d8258
  4. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.: I recently had windows update my laptop and now every time it does a new update it resets pretty much everything. From my desktop to files to settings to erasing photos. I don't understand why because windows updates have never down this before....
  5. reset all my seting with every update Windows 10

reset all my seting with every update Windows 10: With every update to my computer ,Windows 10 resets all my settings My photos disappear, my music disappears, It`s change my desktop image and same of my new programs are uninstalled. I use it for three months and this is a constant update.I try everything . : Can i stop...
  6. My backup settings are resets after every Windows major update

in Windows 10 Customization
    My backup settings are resets after every Windows major update: I use "Backup using File History" feature to backing up folders to another drive, and after every Windows major update their settings will resets. I mean what my folders are no longer backing up after update anymore. Is it normal behavior? If yes, so, it is possible to make...
  7. Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings

Windows Update Keeps Resetting My Desktop and Settings: The most recent Windows 10 update, at the end of August, has caused my laptop's desktop to reset each time I turn on or restart the system. Most of the desktop icons disappear and the background reverts to the default Windows image. On top of that, it seems that all of my...
  8. Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps

Windows 10 Reset and Keep my Apps: Before I factory reset my windows 10 OS, can I back up my downloaded apps to an external hard drive without having to purchase an expensive program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-and-keep-my-apps/b4d06038-6ba2-496e-802c-adebc17017d7
  9. Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update: Windows 10 Pro on my laptop keeps resetting default apps on each restart. After going through several forum entries, I still can't get an answer. How to fix it? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps resetting my apps: Hi. I'm having a problem with windows 10, it keeps resetting my default apps for watching videos and listening to music. I want Windows Media PLayer to be my default app for all of these multimedia files but at least once a day a pop up informs me that there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update loosed desktop and resets

2. desktop reset after update 2020

3. windows desktop reset after update

4. relocate an app on the desktop,
  5. windows 10 update resets desktop,
  6. restore laptop keeps going to hi there