Windows 10: Windows 10 update reset my entire system. Need help recovering

Discus and support Windows 10 update reset my entire system. Need help recovering in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, This might come off as a rant, but please bear with me. My system started updating today without any warning, this updated lasted couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pronto32, Aug 25, 2019.

1. pronto32 Win User

Windows 10 update reset my entire system. Need help recovering

Hi All,

This might come off as a rant, but please bear with me. My system started updating today without any warning, this updated lasted couple of hours. After the update I tried to login to the system and received a message on the lines of " unable to load user profile". I restarted the system, only then I could login using my password.
    Upon logging in I find that my all the files, icons on my desktop are gone, except for some. All the files in my downloads folder, my email id which was configured on Outlook is gone. My saved bookmarks in chrome has vanished. EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NEW INSTALL OF WINDOWS 10.

Please help me in recovering the files.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Pronto

:)

pronto32, Aug 25, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update reset my entire system. Need help recovering - Similar Threads - update reset entire

2. Need help recovering my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help recovering my Windows 10: Hello,I need help fixing Windows 10 reinstallation issues on my laptop.Here's the background: I have a Lenovo laptop with a 256GB SSD and a 256GB HDD. Initially, it came with Windows 10 installed. Over the past year, I created a partition on the HDD and installed Ubuntu,...
  3. Need help recovering my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help recovering my Windows 10: Hello,I need help fixing Windows 10 reinstallation issues on my laptop.Here's the background: I have a Lenovo laptop with a 256GB SSD and a 256GB HDD. Initially, it came with Windows 10 installed. Over the past year, I created a partition on the HDD and installed Ubuntu,...
  4. Need help recovering my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need help to system reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to system reset my PC.: Hello. I recently turned on my pc to see that when I logged into my user I was met with just a black screen and I could only move my cursor around it. So then I decided to just unplug my PC from the outlet because I use a desktop dumb decision I know. When I turned my...
  6. I need help to system reset my PC.

I need help to system reset my PC.: Hello. I recently turned on my pc to see that when I logged into my user I was met with just a black screen and I could only move my cursor around it. So then I decided to just unplug my PC from the outlet because I use a desktop dumb decision I know. When I turned my...
  7. Windows 10: need help recovering my registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: need help recovering my registry: Hi,While I was attempting to get Prody Parrot to work apparently, the program does not work properly on real hardware but works fine under VirtualBox, I accidentally overwrote the entire registry with that of Windows Vista’s and keeps booting to an “Automatic Repair” screen....
  8. Windows 10: need help recovering my registry

Windows 10: need help recovering my registry: Hi,While I was attempting to get Prody Parrot to work apparently, the program does not work properly on real hardware but works fine under VirtualBox, I accidentally overwrote the entire registry with that of Windows Vista’s and keeps booting to an “Automatic Repair” screen....
  9. Windows 10: need help recovering my registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Need help with recovering windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with recovering windows.: Hi, the hard drive in my laptop was failing, so I used the tool in windows to make a recovery usb drive. Now i have replaced the hard drive, but I can's seem to get the restore drive to work correctly. BIOS lets me run a test on the hard drive, and that all ends up fine, but...