Windows 10: windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message.

Discus and support windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Updated Windows 10 with latest updates wk of 10/12/20. At completion of update, speaker icon on bottom right of screen had red circle with "x" in it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lynn and Kathy, Oct 17, 2020.

1. windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message.

Updated Windows 10 with latest updates wk of 10/12/20. At completion of update, speaker icon on bottom right of screen had red circle with "x" in it and message "No Audio Output Device Installed". Two HP speakers installed on HP Pavillion 500-037cb pc. No sound! Reinstalled audio drivers, no success. Went to Settings/Manage/Device Manager/Audio inputs and outputs. Only item listed was Microphone Webcam 250, no speakers. Under "Other devices" found "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" , selected it, got device status as "No drivers installed for this device". Selected 'Driver' tab, Driver details and got "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. Selected 'Update Drivers', Search automatically for drivers, msg "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install the. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. A device attached to the system is not functioning. Unhooked speakers and tried again, no luck. Under Sound, video and game controllers, found Webcam 250 with Device status of "this device is working properly. Under 'System devices' found 'System Speaker' selected same. General tab: Device type: System devices; Manufacturer: Standard system devices; Location: on PCI standard ISA bridge. Device status: No drivers are installed for this device. Driver tab: System speaker; Driver Provider: Microsoft; Driver date: 6/21/2006; Digital Signer: Microsoft windows; Driver Details; No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. Update Driver/Search automatically for drivers/msg The best drivers for your device are already installed.

I am at a loss as to how to regain my pc's abilities to recognize and use my HP 636369-001 speakers. Speakers were working properly before update and still show a green light meaning they are getting power.

:)

Lynn and Kathy, Oct 17, 2020
  2. TSmith21 Win User

No audio output device installed

I installed Windows 10 with the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2) and now my audio does not work. The troubleshoot resulted in a "no audio output installed message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

TSmith21, Oct 17, 2020
  3. No audio output device installed

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed' For Windows 10

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 17, 2020
  4. windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message.

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message.

1. windows 10 update resulted in "no audio output device is installed" message. - Similar Threads - update resulted audio

2. No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10: I know this has been widely discussed. One of my Win10 machine suddenly show "No Audio Output Devices in installed". I did the standard troubleshooting.Re-install audio driversuninstalled all audio devices and re-installDid the SFC scanDid DISM uninstalled some updatesRun...
  3. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, No Audio Output Device is installed: TL;DR - no audio after adding a webcam disabled some audio and trying to reinstall drivers removed all audio. Easy fix, or reinstall windows, or buy a new machine? 18-month old tower (now out of warranty) to an HDMI TV as monitor. Regular updates but no system restore points...
  4. NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10

NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10: Hi. I'm contacting you guys because I have nothing left to do to fix my HP Pavilion laptop. Couple of weeks ago, after an update from Microsoft, my laptop lost its audio. I have the sound icon on the taskbar in a red circle with an X. When I hover the mouse over it, I get...
  5. Message: "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

Message: "No Audio Output Device is Installed": I have an ASUS G771JW system with W10 installed which has worked fine until last update of windows. This last update has broken my audio settings and now is shows in the right lower corner a speaker with a red cross and a message :"No Audio Output Device is Installed". No...
  6. After an update the sound device is out. No audio output device is installed is the message.

After an update the sound device is out. No audio output device is installed is the message.: There is no response for audio after the last upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-an-update-the-sound-device-is-out-no-audio/48c36e5b-2826-4431-ad55-7a973f6399ea
  7. No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10

No Audio Output Device is Installed - Windows 10: I completed a Windows update back in October of 2018 and noticed the red x over my volume icon. I had an error message that there was no audio output drivers installed on my machine. After trying the fixes listed, I ended up installing a driver from intel's website directly...
  8. Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed

Windows 10 - No Audio output device is installed: Hi, I have an issue with my audio sound not working all of a sudden yesterday, it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" System info: [ATTACH] Icon information in...
  9. Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed

Windows 10 No Audio Output Device Installed: Hi all, Just bought a new HP Pavilion x2 (laptop/tablet hybrid) and it has been working perfectly for about a week. Suddenly went to start it up and it had done some updates which has left me with no audio. When I open up the Sound through search, under the Playback tab...
  10. Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed

Windows 10, No Audio Output Device Is Installed: Hi Guys, currently i'm using a Asus A43 laptop and had upgraded Windows 10 few days ago. But somehow. i dont know how but some how, the audio is not detected. Things I tried: 1.) Reinstalled the realtek driver ( R279, 7553) 2.) Restart the Windows Audio Services 3.)...