Windows 10: Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

Discus and support Windows 10 update rolled back user profile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I've a curious situation that I've not encountered before and cannot find any reference to via my usually reliable resources.One of my clients... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Oomen, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

Hi.I've a curious situation that I've not encountered before and cannot find any reference to via my usually reliable resources.One of my clients reports he was prompted to run a Windows update when shutting down his W10Pro workstation last night Oct 20, 2021.This morning they logged on and found that their system appeared to have rolled back to a point in the past, guessing about 6 months ago.All credentials had been removed and I had to reconfigure his emails in Outlook.Looking at the Windows update history, there was no evidence of any updates being run yesterday. The last update installed

:)

John Oomen, Oct 20, 2021
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Oct 20, 2021
  3. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2021
  4. David4802 Win User

Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

Windows 10 - The User Profile Service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded

This is absolutely no help. I cannot get to the desktop. The sign-in FAILED! That's what the message is all about.

David4802, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

1. Windows 10 update rolled back user profile - Similar Threads - update rolled user

2. Roll back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to Windows 10: My computer switched to windows 11. I want to go back to windows 10, but the 10 day period has expired. Do I have to buy a new product key to reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roll-back-to-windows-10/cd2b6df8-7d91-4d5e-bd2a-761afd562069
  3. Roll back to windows 10

Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  4. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  5. Rolling back windows 10

Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  6. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update rolled back user profile: Hi.I've a curious situation that I've not encountered before and cannot find any reference to via my usually reliable resources.One of my clients reports he was prompted to run a Windows update when shutting down his W10Pro workstation last night Oct 20, 2021.This morning...
  8. Windows 10 update rolled back user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update rolled back user profile: Hi.I've a curious situation that I've not encountered before and cannot find any reference to via my usually reliable resources.One of my clients reports he was prompted to run a Windows update when shutting down his W10Pro workstation last night Oct 20, 2021.This morning...
  9. Is there a way to roll back a profile setup in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to roll back a profile setup in Windows 10?: I got a new laptop for my daughter, I told my wife I'll take care of the setup but she decided to do it herself because it came while I was asleep. She gave it the wifi password and of course it demanded a profile be setup for microsoft. I want to roll that back and delete it...
  10. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...