Windows 10: Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?

Discus and support Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So a few ywars ago i left college and my folks bought me all the equipment id need to make it as a geaohic artist. The works, including a mighty fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by john.b1984, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?

So a few ywars ago i left college and my folks bought me all the equipment id need to make it as a geaohic artist. The works, including a mighty fine laptop. 1 day after the one year warrenty ran out, while on an island for vacation, a windows 10 update shut down my laptop, and bricked it. Id had all ky eggs in one basket during the teip, planning to use the time to create an awesome interactive portfolio. Instead, It never came back on...and repair shops could do nothing but shrug. The motherbord had been damaged in some way. I lost the digital portfolios of every piece of artwork id ever done, files for my job, and everything personal i had saved there. I returned home broke, was fired from my job, and had no portfolio with which to get another in my field. I was screwed. I lost my house, everything i owned, and ended up living in My car and cutting grass for a living- in the city with the highest rainfall in the country Mobile, Alabama.

Fast forward a year and half, and im finally in an aprtment again, and lookibg for another laptop to tey my hand at the graohics game once more. I selected a Lenovo, and immediatly set about removing Windows 10 with the intent on replacing with Linux... to save myaelf the same scenario again. Only SUPRISE, the bootloder was locked and it appeared much more difficult than id anticipated. But in short, i got a job with luck and eventually a rental house in the next year. Then...disaster.

i had to keave town for nearly a month when my last remaining family passed away, my grandpa. When i returned home, despite paying someone to watch my house... every aingle thing rhat I owned was gone. Even the quarter million in electronics id either repaired myself and collected, or had shipped from my grandfathers during the closing of his house. The mess left behind had earned me cirations from the city totaling $3k, and id been evicted for the citations. I was, once again, homeless and destitute. Luckily, i had renters insurance this time, id kept my laptop with me, and i had photographs and every supporting document for EVERYTHING. All i had to do was file a claim.

so here we are today, and i need to send the inventory to State Farm. The laptop needs to update, so i allow it to do so. Then I open WordPad to get the file.... and its freakin Gibberish! Id edited that file a hundred times, and had even been theough it the day before... but of all the times to have a bug....

incidently, its still there, i guess. It just appears to be eandom letters and symbols. Ive tried to allow microsoft to remote access and fix it, but that moron had keas of a clue than i did, and was just playing around and playinf a guessing game. My own reaearch on a fix shows many people with this issue, but no clear solution. I see recommended fixes but all include at aome point right clicking files.... and my right click dowant work now either.

Im beyond angry. This is TWICE. Im once more living in My car because of Windows 10 update! And if i dont retrieve this inventory.... its a quarter million dollar loss. Ill be homeless again, and to be honest.... im at my “f*** it” point. If after all ive done to climb back up, and to prepare against catastrophy.... and ive lost it all AGAIN.... well, im trying not to go there yet.

please please please someone have an answer. And Please not 100 simplistic questions that are irrelevent.

relevwnr questions ill answer to the best of my abolity.

thanks in advance.

:)

john.b1984, Jul 6, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN?

1. Windows 10 Update- ruined AGAIN? - Similar Threads - Update ruined AGAIN

2. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  3. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  4. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The last Windows 10 update ruined everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The last Windows 10 update ruined everything: After I opted two nights ago to "Update and Shut Down," my PC opens with a generic empty desktop and much of my data and programs deleted.In addition, the tools to deal with these problems are unavailable: I cannot type anything into Search on the toolbar...I cannot get to...
  6. Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything

Windows 10 Update = Ruin everything: Hello! So I recently just installed the Windows 10 21H1 Update and it just ruined my computer. The first thing it did wrong was that the boot time was the boot time was slightly longer. And even though it was longer, it didn't do anything else either. The boot just sat there...
  7. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  8. Windows 10 update ruined computer

Windows 10 update ruined computer: My PC has been trying to update to Windows 10 for months now. It is never successful and I have to wait while it has to undo changes. I tried to stop the update but it always tried to update every few days. Last Thursday it tried to update again but this time my PC cannot...
  9. Windows Updated ruins the day again

Windows Updated ruins the day again: Nearly every Windows Update i have to manually delete and reinstall all my drivers to properly use my PC again. Why cant i choose to ignore Updates or just get seciurity updates since i will delete everything else or simply wont use it if i cant delete it. I simply dont want...
  10. Windows 10 update ruined my pc.

Windows 10 update ruined my pc.: The windows 10 update caused my computer to go into a restart loop until I went into cmd and did a backup. now the taskbar doesn’t work and my pc does not recognize my keyboard and ethernet ports. they both function perfectly with my laptop but dont work with my pc....