Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It.

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During a routine automatic update done by Microsoft on my Windows 10 version, it failed to install properly. This was the free upgrade from my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VSor1, Dec 23, 2018.

1. VSor1 Win User

Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It.

During a routine automatic update done by Microsoft on my Windows 10 version, it failed to install properly. This was the free upgrade from my Windows 7 version that came with my computer. After failing I was blocked from my personal windows user account saying it couldn't sign in to my Microsoft account and thus I was given a "temporary" user account. It no longer had my personal account. Trying all possible ways to fix it, including trying to re-download the updates that failed, as well as using other solutions posted online (like making another personal account, which worked for my sister cause this same problem happened to her not 2 weeks later, though hers' didn't corrupt, which I guess makes the difference), nothing worked. I was then forced to try and use a restore point. This COMPLETELY destroyed my computer! Apparently the combo of failed update and restore point had basically corrupted/de-installed Windows from my computer and now it wouldn't even boot up. After that I had Windows reinstalled, but its the Windows 10 version someone else had because not even a shred of mine was left after it was ruined. Now it says the activation code is wrong. It seems that the product key given with my Windows 7 version can't be entered with Windows 10 installed. Problem is I don't have Windows 7 anymore either. After looking this up it says that for Windows 10 the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account, and that it seems linking up my Microsoft account could resolve this, even with someone else's copy of Windows installed. Though I am really reluctant to allow Microsoft control over my computer anymore, I have tried to follow the steps to link my Microsoft Account back up. But what happens? I get a message saying oops, can't do it there is some problem on our end, please try again. It says this OVER and OVER again. At this point I feel they are mocking me & rubbing salt in my wounds. The only thing I can think of is that my current version appears to not be the free Windows 10 update version, but Windows 10 Pro. But how pray tell do I get that with a computer with no Windows installed at all? And FYI, NO I did not get discs with this computer that could restore Windows 7, like the ones I had with my previous laptop. And please don't chew me out for not having all the bells and whistles that could have mitigated this problem, this is what I could buy with the money I got from my fire insurance after losing everything I owned. Please help I am really really angry and fed up. If this had been a nightmare I personally provoked I would be more at peace with it, but its not. I have already lost so much time, energy, and data from this completely out of the blue event started by a company that I can't even seem to get directly in contact with. Am I just really incapable of finding the right link, or can you only use the so called Virtual Support that is completely useless, and not talk to a REAL person? The Virtual Support box says you can talk to a real person, but doesn't seem to tell you how. Fortunately I still have my laptop as it updated successfully. However 1 out of 3 successful updates (my sister's laptop also permanently lost access to her personal account) is NOT a good score in my book. Any info that might help me get my computer to activate would be a welcome respite. Thanks for anything you might help me with, even if it is only to commiserate, for I have been told that this is an all too common problem (though usually not this severe).

:)

VSor1, Dec 23, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Dec 23, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It. :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It.

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Ruined My Computer and Now After Reinstall I Can't Even Reactivate It. - Similar Threads - Update Ruined Computer

2. My windows did not reactivate after reinstalling. What now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows did not reactivate after reinstalling. What now?: I had an issue where certain drivers were acting up even after deleting and reinstalling the drivers. Reinstalled windows and now I cant get rid of this overlay telling me to buy something I already have....
  3. My windows did not reactivate after reinstalling. What now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows did not reactivate after reinstalling. What now?: I had an issue where certain drivers were acting up even after deleting and reinstalling the drivers. Reinstalled windows and now I cant get rid of this overlay telling me to buy something I already have....
  4. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruined computer after: So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working...
  5. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update ruined computer after: So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working...
  6. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 reactivation after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation after reinstalling: I was having some problems with my pc so I did a fresh start of it so reinstalling it and after I did that It said I needed to activate windows. Whenever I enter the product key, It give me the error code 0xc0000022, and on the activation tab in settings it gives me the...
  8. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  9. Update stuck, computer now ruined by Microsoft!!!!!!

Update stuck, computer now ruined by Microsoft!!!!!!: My update was stuck on 27%. Then all of a sudden it said it was undoing all the changes made to my laptop. Now the mouse doesn't work and I cannot use the computer at all! Nice job Microsoft! Thanks for ruining my only computer!!!!!!!! You all gonna replace my computer???? I...
  10. Reactivate my Windows after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate my Windows after reinstallation: Hi! I just reinstalled my Windows and now I can't reuse the license key, I get the error 0x80041023. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivate-my-windows-after-reinstallation/49d38a32-2cab-4e5c-b852-88e35c2b4e8f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant update windows 10 even after reinstalling it