Windows 10: Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dkim336, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Dkim336 Win User

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad.

Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue.

I tried:

1. Reinstalling Touchpad Drivers

2. Going to old Touchpad Drivers

3. Rebooting computer multiple times.

4. Changing sensitivity settings on Touchpad

Please just let me go back to the previous Windows 10 version. I tried everything and I'm past the 10 day window and I can't revert back. I don't have a previous Windows state for some unknown reason.

:)

Dkim336, Dec 13, 2018
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 13, 2018
  3. You appear to have ruined my touchpad

Hi Bloke,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I understand that touchpad drivers are up to date on your Windows 10 system

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

1) Have you installed any third party applications?

2) Is your system up to date?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install the latest available Windows updates to keep the system up to date.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows update in the search bar.

• Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates.

• Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.

Step 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the touchpad features in Windows 10.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Settings in search bar and click on Settings from the search results.

• Select Devices.

• Click on Mouse and Touchpad form the left navigation pane on
      Devices settings window.

• Here you can enable the touchpad features.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop - Similar Threads - Update Ruined Touchpad

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  5. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update: So my girlfriend updated her laptop yesterday and it started taking a very long time to load on the startup screen after she logs in. After 10-15 minutes of waiting, it takes us to the home screen and nothing responds. Every time we try to open an app or game or anything on...
  7. Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely

Windows 10 1903 update ruined my Laptop completely: I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 i7 Laptop which was working very well until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest 1903 version. I had to switch to Ubuntu LTS to save my Laptop from further damage. Problems I am facing right after 1903 update: 1. The USB ports malfunctioned. 2...
  8. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...
  10. Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 has ruined my laptop:(: Hello, My Laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows 10, however now the thing wont work, it takes forver to login and when it does i get a blank screen, the bottom bar is there but i can't click it, andnothing i do works, i cant acess anything because it tells...