Windows 10: windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops

Discus and support windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I updated windows 10, I didn't want to but you forced me, now my webcam and touchscreen and webcams doesnt work..... on the microsoft forums you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LEOSMITHLU, Mar 11, 2019.

1. windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops

So I updated windows 10, I didn't want to but you forced me, now my webcam and touchscreen and webcams doesnt work..... on the microsoft forums you blame the manufacturers, but how can hp, Lenovo, Huawei and all other windows laptops be at fault due to a windows update? You are joking right? 10000's of laptops globaly now without touchscreen and webcam and this is ok just blame hardware by manucaturer?

:)

LEOSMITHLU, Mar 11, 2019

2. Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 11, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Mar 11, 2019
  4. paulski Win User

windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops

1. windows 10 update ruins touchscreens on 1000's of laptops - Similar Threads - update ruins touchscreens

2. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  3. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  4. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  5. Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop

Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop: Windows 10 Update 2004 Ruined My Laptop It won't come out of Sleep in a usable state. It takes 20-30 after a reboot before it's "ready to use" The hard drive pegs at 100% for 20-30 minutes after a reboot, which is why it's not ready to use. After coming out of Sleep the...
  6. Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update

Windows 10 laptop ruined after the latest update: So my girlfriend updated her laptop yesterday and it started taking a very long time to load on the startup screen after she logs in. After 10-15 minutes of waiting, it takes us to the home screen and nothing responds. Every time we try to open an app or game or anything on...
  7. Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work: Yesterday before I went to my office I got a message from Windows asking me to schedule the update. I selected 9AM because I won't be at home. I come back around 5 and as I get ready to go out for a bit I get another message about when I should schedule the update. I...
  8. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop

Windows 10 Update Ruined my Touchpad on Laptop: Hello, most recent update for Windows 10 ruined my touchpad. Every time i try to track, it also clicks causing everything to do a click+drag command. It was right after the update, it is not a hardware issue. Plugging in a mouse does not cause this issue. I tried: 1....
  10. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...