Windows 10: Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a certain amount of time I decided to come here to finally (maybe ?) find a solution. My problem is that my Windows 10 installation ALWAYS -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alphonse Paix, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes

After a certain amount of time I decided to come here to finally (maybe ?) find a solution.

My problem is that my Windows 10 installation ALWAYS - and I mean ALWAYS - freezes when it restarts and goes on the update screen.

Let's clear the situation: sometimes when I get a new update, Windows has to reboot and it sometimes goes through a screen with circling-dots with a text that tells you how the update installation goes on. So everytime for me it just freezes at about thirty percent, and it goes on like that eternally. I need to manually shut down the computer.

With major updates it always breaks the computer because the manual reboot just interrupts the important task and I have to reinstall the whole system.

Sorry but I got tired of the technicians who tell me to launch an analysis or whatever. It just happens everytime with a brand new installation and I don't know what to do. It continued even after we decided to upgrade the computer with a SSD (we switched from an HDD to a new SSD). Could it be link to hardware issue ? My PC is running on a i5-3350P CPU with a GTX 760 GPU and an unknown motherboard and it's definitly not a SSD/HDD issue.

Thanks for the answers

:)

Alphonse Paix, Mar 8, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes

1. Windows 10 update screen ALWAYS freezes - Similar Threads - update screen ALWAYS

2. Laptop always freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always freezing: My laptop keeps freezing that I could barely do certain activities with it. The freezing and lag issues happens at random. More frustrating is, other laptops who has the same specs or less seem to have better performance than mine.My laptop has a core-i3 6th gen processor and...
  3. Laptop always freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always freezing: My laptop keeps freezing that I could barely do certain activities with it. The freezing and lag issues happens at random. More frustrating is, other laptops who has the same specs or less seem to have better performance than mine.My laptop has a core-i3 6th gen processor and...
  4. Laptop always freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help, My Windows 20H1 Update Always Freez

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help, My Windows 20H1 Update Always Freez: Hi I have a big p4oblem with my system and that is. I have windows 10 enterprise 1909 and i didn't get 2004 update until last night. My pc download Update and Install it but after restar, It Stuck at 48% and the loop wont turn any more. What can i do? Please Help me!!!!...
  6. Windows 10 - Loading screen always stuck after update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Loading screen always stuck after update.: Hi all, I've had my laptop for five months now. Every windows update I have ever tried to install would result in being stuck on the loading screen in an infinite loop. This eventually leads to me having to system restore (sometimes with success) otherwise reset the PC to...
  7. Windows 10 is now always freezing on first pop-up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is now always freezing on first pop-up screen: When I initially finished installing windows 10 the system was still restarting properly. I then started to reinstall software for my motherboard and the system restated ok. I then installed Avg, Vlc media player, and adobe and still the system restarted ok. A message popped...
  8. Desktop PC always freezes on windows updates

Desktop PC always freezes on windows updates: I am hoping someone has had this problem and solved it. I have a Gateway PC that I upgrade to Windows 10. I ran the compatibility and everything checked out. Ever since I did the upgrade, every time there is an Windows update, I get the blue update screen and it freezes. I...
  9. Laptop always freezes

Laptop always freezes: Hi, My problem with my Dell Inspiron 14 3467 i5, is that it always freezes, I only have it for 5 mos. When I use it for like 2 hrs, the windows button are not working and the search button and setting are not working as well. I cannot even open the task manager. It doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes While Installing Updates; Always Have to Reset PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezes While Installing Updates; Always Have to Reset PC: Whenever I try to install updates on Windows 10, it freezes on shut down and when I try to start my PC again, I can't get to the login screen before it freezes. I've had to rest my PC 3 times now because of this. I'm not sure what the problem is or if it's something wrong...