Windows 10: Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI

Discus and support Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Evening all, Yesterday evening my Windows 10 updated on my laptop. Today, my HDMI cable doesn't work (the TV screen read No SIgnal HDMI:DVD). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michaelhorn4, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI

Evening all,

Yesterday evening my Windows 10 updated on my laptop. Today, my HDMI cable doesn't work (the TV screen read No SIgnal HDMIWindows 10 Update screwed my HDMI :DVD). I have very little technical expertise and this is extremely frustrating, can anyone help me sort this?

Cheers,

Mike.

P.S. I don't think this is a cable issue as they have been working fine up until now and 2 seperate cables aren't working.

:)

michaelhorn4, Oct 18, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 18, 2018
  3. HDMI

Hi Craig,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI

HDMI

I tried them all nothing worked no driver updates are not available from MS or HP

craigsawyer, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI

1. Windows 10 Update screwed my HDMI - Similar Threads - Update screwed HDMI

2. Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.: Here is proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-computer/e5b3362c-86f9-4742-8bd0-8b4f43dad2a1
  3. Update screwed my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screwed my computer: Hi. Sorry. Second time posting with new information. Anyone knows what this script error is? (https://logincdn.msauth.net/16.000/content/js/ConvergedLoginPagunatedStrings.en_q3Zchj5ehH5oFalnPzrOkQ2.js) Recently got my system up and running but this error pops up. Startup...
  4. Windows 10 updates constantly screw up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updates constantly screw up my computer: Without fail, every single time Windows 10 updates, my computer stops functioning properly. I spend day after day tracking down every single setting it changed and fixing it back to my preferred setting and uninstalling the apps I never use that it insists on putting back on...
  5. Windows 10 update 2004 screwed up my computer

Windows 10 update 2004 screwed up my computer: I always update to the latest version as soon as it is available. This time the first thing I noticed is when my monitor went to sleep it would not wake up. I had to pull out the computer and unhook the hdmi cable and hook it back in for the monitor to wake up. Then I...
  6. Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer

Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer: After a windows 10 update occurred I cannot access my files and I cannot open up system restore protection, it is turned off and I cannot see how to turn it back on. I know the files have not been deleted because of the space on the C Drive but I cannot see them. When I...
  7. Windows 10 latest (screw)update

Windows 10 latest (screw)update: How is it that a huge corporation like Microsoft, with all it's massive resources and teams of programmers manage to make such a complete pile of **** out of updating Windows with it's compulsory bloody updates? The latest one has all but destroyed my partners lap top!...
  8. update screwed my computer

update screwed my computer: just wondering how many peoples computers have been f'd off because of an update that apparently should not have been released. I personally think a class action suit against microsoft from everyone affected by this BS of the nth magnitude. Think that would wake up the...
  9. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  10. another Windows 10 (screw)update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    another Windows 10 (screw)update: Once again my computer works like a 286 running Win 3.0. I got another screwupdate. "Not responding" is flashing every time I turn my head after finally getting nearly back to normal from the last screwupdate. STOP IT!!!...