Windows 10: Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen

Discus and support Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows is no longer detecting my second screen ever since windows updated! How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AshleyCollins1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen

Windows is no longer detecting my second screen ever since windows updated! How do I fix this?

:)

AshleyCollins1, Aug 20, 2019

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen

1. Windows 10 update screwed up my second screen - Similar Threads - update screwed second

2. Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.: Here is proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-computer/e5b3362c-86f9-4742-8bd0-8b4f43dad2a1
  3. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  4. Windows 10 updates constantly screw up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updates constantly screw up my computer: Without fail, every single time Windows 10 updates, my computer stops functioning properly. I spend day after day tracking down every single setting it changed and fixing it back to my preferred setting and uninstalling the apps I never use that it insists on putting back on...
  5. Windows 10 update 2004 screwed up my computer

Windows 10 update 2004 screwed up my computer: I always update to the latest version as soon as it is available. This time the first thing I noticed is when my monitor went to sleep it would not wake up. I had to pull out the computer and unhook the hdmi cable and hook it back in for the monitor to wake up. Then I...
  6. Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer

Windows 10 update has screwed up my computer: After a windows 10 update occurred I cannot access my files and I cannot open up system restore protection, it is turned off and I cannot see how to turn it back on. I know the files have not been deleted because of the space on the C Drive but I cannot see them. When I...
  7. Update screwed up my wifi

Update screwed up my wifi: WHY DID YOU DELETE MY WIFI? THE WHOLE DRIVE IS DELETED. NOT DEACTIVATED. DELETED. I'VE GONE THROUGH A DOZEN TROUBLESHOOTERS. IT SAYS I NEED TO REDOWNLOAD THE DRIVER. HOW DO I DO THAT <removed>? I HAVE NO WIFI! I DON'T OWN A BLEEDING ETHERNET CABLE THAT'S WHY I HAVE WIFI. I...
  8. Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 update screwed up my laptop: 1. Wont recognize my pin 2. Wont let me reset, gives an error mssg 3. On airplane mode and does not give an option to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-laptop/2ea4ed42-613b-49f6-acb0-7b0914d5bf6b
  9. Windows update screwed up my PC

Windows update screwed up my PC: I allowed a update and now my laptop is a paper weight. I get an error popup window that says the desktop file is missing. Can not find that file on other laptops and none of the apps are visible. The windows icon does not do anything except change color when curser is over...
  10. Update screw up

Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....