Windows 10: Windows 10 Update script keeps trying to install

Discus and support Windows 10 Update script keeps trying to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After spending weeks in my futile attempt to update my 8.1 and 7 to Windows 10, getting the great explanatory message "Sorry, your install failed", I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coastalguy, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Update script keeps trying to install

After spending weeks in my futile attempt to update my 8.1 and 7 to Windows 10, getting the great explanatory message "Sorry, your install failed", I gave up on Microsoft's stupid means of getting users to W10. I have tried the update, iso files and everything else that was posted, but they all failed.

So, I said the hell with 10,, uninstalled the KB script, and hid the update so it would not ask to update again. NOW, for about the 5th time, even though uninstalled and hidden, today it tried, ONCE AGAIN, to update as a critical/recommended update. Had I not recognized the KB update, I would again be uninstalling and hiding the stupid update.

If this was a regular application that I was using, I would have uninstalled it and found a competitors product that was not so arrogant as to keep trying to install an extremely poor example of software. But, unless I want to change over to Apple or Linux, I now have to abide by the most arrogant software manufacturer on the planet.

So exactly how do I keep MS from attempting to update the 10 script, even if uninstalled and hidden???????? And how do I remove the updates available notice on the login screen, when it only involves the 10 script??????

:)

Coastalguy, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Update script keeps trying to install

1. Windows 10 Update script keeps trying to install - Similar Threads - Update script keeps

2. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  3. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  4. Windows 11 update keeps trying to install KB5026372

Windows 11 update keeps trying to install KB5026372: Windows 11 update keeps trying to install KB5026372 although it was succesfully installed days 11/05/2023 ago ! Keep getting Failed to install on xx/05/2023 0x800f081f for days now.How can I stop this...
  5. Windows update KB5021233 keeps trying to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update KB5021233 keeps trying to install: Hi,I'm having issues with a windows 10 update KB5021233. It successfully installed on 16th December, but Windows Update doesn't recognise this, and keeps trying to reinstall it, taking up huge amounts of system resource. The reinstallation naturally fails as it's already been...
  6. Windows update KB5021233 keeps trying to install

Windows update KB5021233 keeps trying to install: Hi,I'm having issues with a windows 10 update KB5021233. It successfully installed on 16th December, but Windows Update doesn't recognise this, and keeps trying to reinstall it, taking up huge amounts of system resource. The reinstallation naturally fails as it's already been...
  7. Windows update KB5021233 keeps trying to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update Keeps Trying to Install a Wrong Driver.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Keeps Trying to Install a Wrong Driver.: For some odd reason, Windows Update keeps trying to download and install "Lenovo - Input - USB Enhanced Performance Keyboard", which inevitably leads to Error 0x800f024b because I don't have a Lenovo keyboard. For the time being, this is just annoying, but I'm curious 1 how...
  9. Update keeps trying to install, sort of

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update keeps trying to install, sort of: Had a lot of updates on my laptop yesterday, and in the end this message pops up. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install" Then the box you click on RETRY is the only option I have. I have retried...
  10. Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........: I dont have adobe flash on my laptop, how do i stop this annoying update from trying to install on my laptop? Everytime i reboot it tries to install it and fails it's getting pretty frustrating now. It keeps writing itself on my registry too it's very annoying as i DONT...