Windows 10: Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive

Discus and support Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Problem with updates today (kb4505903 OR kb508433 OR kb4509096 OR kb506991 OR kb4497932) ! Don't know which one as win update did them all. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mel P, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Mel P Win User

Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive

Problem with updates today (kb4505903 OR kb508433 OR kb4509096 OR kb506991 OR kb4497932) !

Don't know which one as win update did them all. It seems to have broken "OneDrive". comes up with "OneDrive.exe - Bad Image" on a file called gdiplus.dll.

Others seem to report problems. Comes up with an error message at sign on. Cannot see a resolution. Gdiplus.dll is a system file and I cannot change it back to a previous version!

Others seem to report problems. Windows comes up with an error message after sign on. The essence is that OneDrive will not load at start up and cannot be uninstalled in programs and features.

I have got round it by renaming the OneDrive folder in "AppData to "duffOneDrive". No error message but no oneDrive either.

Mel

:)

Mel P, Jul 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update seems to broken OneDrive - Similar Threads - update seems broken

2. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  3. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.: Hello I'm looking for some help in fixing my windows update. I feel like I've tried everything short of a fresh install of windows, which I'm trying to avoid if possible. Let me lay out the situation and what I've tried It originally began with the PC having poor performance...
  4. Windows update broken, nothing seems to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth seems to be broken: Hi all,I'm not sure what happened but in the process of getting my new computer up and running and installing drivers bluetooth stopped functioning and disappeared from Device Manager. I've tried 'showing hidden devices' and reinstalling drivers from intel's website, but...
  6. Bluetooth seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth seems to be broken: System Specs CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I Gaming GPU: NVIDIA 2070 Super RAM: 32 GB 3200Mhz Hi all, I'm not sure what happened but in the process of getting my new computer up and running and installing drivers bluetooth stopped functioning...
  7. windows update seems to have broken motherboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update seems to have broken motherboard: As I turned my desktop on this morning 21,03,2020 windows started updating, when it was finished my HDMI ports stopped working. luckily my spare monitor is using DVI so still worked. Now windows had booted in a different aspect ratio than normal and there were a few things...
  8. Microphone seem to be broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone seem to be broken: This started yesterday, but my microphone suddenly stopped working. When I listen to the device, it's just constant white noise. I have no idea how to fix this. If I disable or mute the microphone, and I turn up the microphone volume on the speakers, I still hear white noise,...
  9. Calculator seems to be broken.

Calculator seems to be broken.: This is annoying... [img] Does anyone know of a fix yet? 5246
  10. OneDrive Update seems odd.

OneDrive Update seems odd.: On my computer, I get this message pop up "Microsoft One Drive - An update is required, to continue using OneDrive, you need to update it.". When I click on Update oneDrive, the PC downloads an exe file from https://oneclient.sfx.ms/OneDriveSetup.exe Does anyone know if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb508433