Windows 10: Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

Discus and support Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted this question a few weeks ago but can't find my post. After a windows 10 update everytime I boot up my laptop I get a blue box asking me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryanneWacera, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

I posted this question a few weeks ago but can't find my post.

After a windows 10 update everytime I boot up my laptop I get a blue box asking me to select privacy settings but when I do it just keeps telling me to try again. I am unable to remove that box from my desktop.

I tried every suggestion o was given on this forum but none has worked. I'm on the verge of resetting to factory settings which would kill me because I have files on my pc that o cannot afford to lose. I've tried to reset pc and keep files but it tells me it was unable to.

Internet no longer works on safe mode so I can't back up to Google drive. My search button no longer works. Automatic repair did not work and I cannot create a system restore point on safe mode.

I am not good with computers so I need a layman's approach to removing that blue box on normal mode so I can finally use my laptop without losing my files and apps. Please help.

:)

MaryanneWacera, Sep 30, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Jism Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Come'on. Even tho it offers a privacy setting, it's still not good enough.

There's a very good article on https://hackmag.com/security/what-data-windows-10-sends-to-microsoft-and-how-to-make-it-stop/ what explains what your W10 OS is doing on the background and what type of data it is sending.

Making a privacy setting still submits the very basic tracking data to various servers, and no-one actually knows what is happening with that.

Windows 7 never had any privacy killing features aboard, untill they pushed an update to even computers with automatic updated turned off, offering the same type of stuff.

People need to be aware that this is just a 'small' step into a future where privacy is just no more. This privacy will be gone the more the masses keep signing up to services in exchange for their data. W10, Google, Facebook, they are all a perfectly good example of company's who became too big.

https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9#file-remove_crw-cmd

Some good stuff.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away

1. Windows 10 update "select privacy settings" won't go away - Similar Threads - update select privacy

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. duplicate driver update in Windows Update won't go away

duplicate driver update in Windows Update won't go away: I have a duplicate update that refuses to go away. I've tried every forum fix I can find, and am on my last attempt before I just factory reset this thing.. The duplicate update that won't go away is for IntelR Corporation - System - 10.29.0.7767 and the error is Install...
  5. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  6. Optional update not downloading and won't go away

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional update not downloading and won't go away: About a week ago a bunch of optional updates showed with a note that said it should fix some issues I'm having. I installed all but a driver update that just would download, talk less of installing. And it's just been there, won't go away. So if there's no way to make it...
  7. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  8. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...
  9. Apps won't go away in settings all apps

Apps won't go away in settings all apps: I've downloaded steam and on that i've downloaded games when i downloaden warface it started and then i wnted to quit maybe i've done that wrong in some way... But now that i want to delete that app it says that the app is still running i didn't know how to stop the app, i've...
  10. printer selection will not go away

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer selection will not go away: hi, I want to delete a printer selection from the print window for example text document File>Print I've deleted it in the window but it comes back. Joe 24465

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont save privacy settings on boot up

2. windows update privacy settings screen wont function

3. office update privacy wont go away