Windows 10: Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by noopy666, Sep 28, 2020.

1. noopy666 Win User

Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC.

1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option, this also shows up when I try to use any Office 2016 product I have, at the top of the program is my account name with a yellow exclamation mark, when I click onto it it states there is an account error and to fix it I need to sign in again, when I do sign in again the error disappears until next time I use the PC.

2/ I always use One Drive and it never prompted me to log in but every time I start the PC an error message says One Drive is not logged in and I have to enter the password, which is the same as the microsoft account, even if I log into my Microsoft account the One Drive still states it is not logged in, I thought these were linked? Onjce I log into One Drive it stays logged in until next time i Start the PC and off we go again.

3/ I use Outlook 2016, with 10 email accounts which are all set up to log in when I start Outlook, this was working fine until this update, now it prompts me for the password for ALL my emails every time I start Outlook. What I have found out that the passwords must be saved somewhere, when I start Outlook and the first password prompt comes up I just close Outlook, then start it again, if I do this many times eventually Outlook starts and logs into all my emails and retrieves them, this works from then on till I close Outlook, very frustrating as I always have to do this more than 10 times to get Outlook to open properly.

4/ I use Google Chrome browser and it used to save my cookies until I delete them, but now it stores none of them, every program asks me to accept their cookies, this never happened before the MS update.

5/ just this morning I was using Windows and ALL the items I had PINNED to the taskbar disappeared, now this is getting to be a right pain......

Anybody with similar problems with this Windows update, or can anybody suggest a fix to my issues, which seem to get worse the more I use this PC. My Laptop is not on this release of Windows and i dont have any of these issues

thanks

:)

noopy666, Sep 28, 2020

2. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

How do I fix this?

RichardZachary, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

Yesterday (Sept 18, 2020) I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them
    seem to work. My device shows that I have version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Is there something unusual about this latest patch that creates wifi bugs that can’t be fixed with tricks that have worked in the past? Thanks!

David Sniveley, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!! - Similar Threads - update Sept 2020

2. Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update caused many problems including "application has not been provisioned": UPDATE HAS RUINED NEARLY EVERYTHING!!!!! Windows Icon DEAD. Search Box DEAD. Won't open any pix "This application has not been provisioned" and undoubtedly other problems not yet found. System Restore did not work. I should be paid for the hours of work this update has cost...
  3. Does update KB4601319 cause many problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does update KB4601319 cause many problems?: My laptop becomes unstable after installing this update. Anyone knows how to uninstall it? It won't go away after many attempts at uninstallation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-update-kb4601319-cause-many-problems/1319a72a-1656-4be2-9a04-8ba8db0cb989
  4. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  5. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  6. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020: Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-no-sound-after-windows-update-sept-2020/c2a08960-28a9-4cee-93c6-1fb53aa9bda7
  7. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  8. Windows update in February 2020 causing problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update in February 2020 causing problems: Since early February updates I have had several problems. File Explorer keeps freezing, crashing, losing the images on the icons etc. I have sorted these out to some extend so things only go wrong about once a day which is better than the 6 or 7 time it was when it...
  9. Feb 2020 Windows 10 Update caused a problem with Paint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feb 2020 Windows 10 Update caused a problem with Paint: I love using Paint!! My only complaint has always been that I cannot select a specific zoom magnification. Now, since the update, if I select a small area, there are handles but the cursor arrows are only diagonal making it difficult to stretch the selection precisely. It...
  10. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update: Prior to the September 2018 Windows 10 updates I never had a single problem with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home. Since the auto download and installation of the Windows 10 September updates I have had the following problems: ~ On Sept 12 I woke up to a...