Windows 10: Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

Discus and support Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't actually know if this is an issue with how WAV files are encoded now, or if it has something to do with a recent Windows update, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by woahsenova, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

I don't actually know if this is an issue with how WAV files are encoded now, or if it has something to do with a recent Windows update, but essentially my music sounds odd now, not like it sounded last month before I installed updates. The bass sounds like it's blowing out the rest of the track, especially at louder parts, and the track quiets down after the first few seconds.

Also - the track sounds totally normal in Ableton, which uses the same audio driver.

:)

woahsenova, Aug 24, 2019

2. No bass after Windows Update

Thank you for the response. It is Windows 10 Version 1703.

For myself,

Since the sound quality changed immediately after the update of June 4th, I expected that the alteration of sound quality was due to something in the update, so I created a Restore point just before that update installation. No effect on sound quality.

Next I right clicked on the Sound icon at the bottom right of the taskbar. I thought I remembered a set of options to control treble and bass there, but that must have been years ago because there are no such options now.

Then I went to Control Panel-->Sounds. I thought I remembered controls for treble and bass adjustments there. If they ever were there, they aren't now.

Lastly I called or chatted with Microsoft tech support. They probably went through steps outlined in the official manual (I don't recall exactly what they were) but none produced any change in sound quality. I remember one of them had me download some
    app or program which was supposed to enhance the bass element of sounds. It also did not enhance the bass element.

I have not reinstalled or updated the audio device driver nor was it suggested to me by Microsoft tech support. I have never done that before. Easy to do on some Microsoft support website?

thank you again for your help

herb

Herb Wright, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update audio crackle with Bass Boost

Hello,
    Recently I upgraded Windows to the new Anniversary Update. However, when I turn on Bass Boost in the Sound settings, there seems to be a weird crackling sound when playing a video, just as if my headphones are broken or can't play enough bass. I believe this has to do with Windows, as I found a really weird thing - if I go to the settings and disable Bass Boost, then enable it again, the video plays out fine. Until I play another video - then the sound is crap again. And so, every time I play a video I have to re-enable the Bass Boost to get a decent sound.
    This happens both with the default audio drivers and with the suggested Conexant drivers on the manufacturer's website.
    Before I upgraded Windows there was no issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.) :)

Vladislav Iliev, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

1. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.) - Similar Threads - update Sound issue

2. Windows update causes sound to have no bass

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causes sound to have no bass: After the latest windows update 20H2, my computers audio drivers have broken and have no bass when played through headphones. I haven't had the ability to try through speakers so I'm not sure whether they have the same issue. this happened a while ago when the update first...
  3. Windows 10 & Sound Issues Low Volume&No Bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 & Sound Issues Low Volume&No Bass: Hi, I'm having problems with windows sound quality with different devices. I have a headset that haves a decent bass and volume level. However, when i plug into 3.5mm on my pc and other windows devices the sound reduces and literally no bass compared to my Ipad's sound....
  4. No bass and tinny sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No bass and tinny sound: Hi all, I have a HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx running windows 10. I have no Bass in youtube or and media player and the sound in general sounds horrible. This was not always the case. However, when I go into Fruity Loops (a digital audio workstation that uses another...
  5. Flat sound/No bass Windows 10

Flat sound/No bass Windows 10: Hey! Recently, I've been having trouble with my headphones.I hear little or no bass anymore and that's very annoying because I make a lot of music, for example on FL Studio.I already rebooted my pc and kept the files, but that didn't help.I also removed and reinstalled all...
  6. Sound Bass Boost

Sound Bass Boost: When i look for my bass Boost on my Hyper X Cloud 2 in Sound control panel, bass boost is not an option. Ive updated drivers and still no change, ive also tried a 3rd party equalizer ( Equalizer APO ) and the sound doesnt change when applied submitted by /u/Lil-Grey-Pump...
  7. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.): I don't actually know if this is an issue with how WAV files are encoded now, or if it has something to do with a recent Windows update, but essentially my music sounds odd now, not like it sounded last month before I installed updates. The bass sounds like it's blowing out...
  8. Windows 10 System Sounds- Tinny, no Bass

Windows 10 System Sounds- Tinny, no Bass: New HP Envy Laptop (17-bw0)- Windows chimes that are activated by events in windows are very tinny with no bass. Music CDs and YouTube video audio sound is OK. Tried updating and rolling back Realtek Audio driver under Sound, Video, and game controllers. Tried changing all...
  9. Headphones Bass issues Windows 10

Headphones Bass issues Windows 10: I have these OK quality headphones that are fine when I'm using it on any device accept for windows 10 devices. On windows devices the audio sounds almost mono and have no bass and I experienced this issue with my old headphones and someone helped me with it by changing...
  10. No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update

No bass in surround sound After Windows 10 update: It works on my phone perfect. But when my laptop is plugged in no bass. Its flat and plain sounding. Any one know how i can fix it 14170