Windows 10: Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Could someone help me please? I was in the process of installing the latest Windows 10 update which has stalled at 90% for about 10 hours. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robert0312, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours

Could someone help me please?

I was in the process of installing the latest Windows 10 update which has stalled at 90% for about 10 hours.

I am unable to interupt the update or even to power down.

:)

Robert0312, Aug 5, 2020

2. windows 10 update stalled at 90% for over 24 hours

Windows update has stalled on one of my computers. All I see is a spinning wheel and notice that it's updating currently at 90%. It's been at 90% for more than 24 hours now and I can't get to any other screens to try the fixes that are suggested in response
    to other similar reported issues.

Sondra JHill, Aug 5, 2020
  3. JacobPs Win User
    Windows Update has stalled at 90% for lasr 3 hours

Today I was asked to update my Windows 10 on my laptop. When started, message said computer would restart several times and that update would take a while to install. It took 40 minutes to get to 90%, but although the balls keep circling, it has remained
    at 90% for the last three hours.

Since I don't think an update would take so long since the original installation was shorter, can anyone suggest what I might do when the update seems to be in a loop?

I am writing this from my desktop.

JacobPs, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours

1. Windows 10 update stalled at 90% for 10 hours - Similar Threads - update stalled 90%

2. Windows 10 update has stalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update has stalled: started update & computer is frozen on black screen for 18 hours. Can hear something running but can't get a screen op. Should I torn off & restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-has-stalled/2ca43742-3056-49b1-a936-16f7f53b8ac0
  3. Windows 10 update stuck at 90% for 18 hours

Windows 10 update stuck at 90% for 18 hours: My wife's computer running windows 10 pro tried to do an update last night. It stopped at 90% and hasn't moved in over 18 hours. Any assistance would be great;y appreciated....
  4. windows 10 update stalled at 90% for over 24 hours

windows 10 update stalled at 90% for over 24 hours: Windows update has stalled on one of my computers. All I see is a spinning wheel and notice that it's updating currently at 90%. It's been at 90% for more than 24 hours now and I can't get to any other screens to try the fixes that are suggested in response to other similar...
  5. windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours

windows 10 update hung up at 90% for many hours: My windows 10 update to a new supported version hung up at 90% for many hours. I finally killed the update with a hard reboot. What would you recommend?...
  6. Windows Update has stalled at 90% for lasr 3 hours

Windows Update has stalled at 90% for lasr 3 hours: Today I was asked to update my Windows 10 on my laptop. When started, message said computer would restart several times and that update would take a while to install. It took 40 minutes to get to 90%, but although the balls keep circling, it has remained at 90% for the...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903 stalled

Windows 10 update 1903 stalled: The Windows 10 feature update to version 1903 has been stalled at 88% for over 4 hours. This is the second attempt - the first downloaded, but failed to install. Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

Windows 10 Updates Stalled: My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am pretty sure it is at least 1809. I have seen this behavior before. Updates get downloaded and attempt to install but fail. Then...
  9. windows 10 update freezes at 90%

windows 10 update freezes at 90%: Windows 10 update freezes at 90% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-freezes-at-90/22d09a1c-78c5-453c-a000-2dd3a3648d51
  10. Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely: I need help!!! Up until September my PC downloaded and installed Windows 10 updates for months and months with no problem. Since then every time I get an update when the systems tries to restart it shuts down then restarts and I get the Blue windows symbol for a few seconds...