Windows 10: Windows 10 Update/Store broken with 'Pending downloads' - Network showing 'Not connected'...

Discus and support Windows 10 Update/Store broken with 'Pending downloads' - Network showing 'Not connected'... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 recently decided to perform an update to the latest version around 5th October. Since the update, something has gone very wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerrion, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Gerrion Win User

Windows 10 Update/Store broken with 'Pending downloads' - Network showing 'Not connected'...

Hello,

Windows 10 recently decided to perform an update to the latest version around 5th October. Since the update, something has gone very wrong with my Windows 10 installation. Before the update, everything was fine and dandy with my PC and I had no issues whatsoever. Now, having been forced to update I have the following issues;

1) The Network Status Icon (Task Bar) is showing a red cross and tool tip 'Not connected - No connections are available' (Ethernet is Connected and I can browse my LAN and the internet just fine)

2) Microsoft Edge browser doesn't work (But I never ever use it anyway)

3) Windows Store is broken with 'You'll need the internet for this. It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf'. But I can browse the Internet with Chrome, Firefox and Safari just fine!

4) [Settings] -> [Network & Internet] says 'Not Connected - You aren't connected to any networks' but I clearly am

5) Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections shows the 'Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller' is Enabled just fine

6) Windows Explorer (when clicking on the Network in the left Tree View shows 'This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect...' at the top of the window. Clicking on this yellow panel does nothing

7) Clicking on the Windows Icons (bottom left) brings up the start panel with Tiles all showing a download icon. The tool tip says 'A great app is on it's way!' when clearly it is not

8) Settings->Windows Update (after a new boot/restart) says 'Updates failed - We couldn't install some updates because the PC was turned off'. But my PC wasn't turned off unexpectedly.

9) Settings->Windows Update (clicking Retry see #8 above) - Around 5 updates are listed (see below) along with 'Status: Pending download' and they never ever download or install

I have tried the various suggestions on these forums as follows none of which have rectified the problems;

A) Disabled/Enabled Network Device

B) Uninstalled / Reinstalled Network Device

C) Connected a USB3.0 network dongle and disabled the onboard Realtek ethernet device

D) Disabled Firewall service

E) Manually stopped and restarted the Windows update service (wuauserv)

F) Ran the whole DISM stuff (suggested in these forums somewhere)

G) Booted to SafeMode using 'msconfig' (Why is F8 at boot no longer a thing???)

H) Done the whole "net stop crypt / bits / msiserver" renamed the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and \catroot2

I) Downloaded and installed the May2018 KB4100403 update manually

J) Perform a re-install of Windows10 as a last resort which put me back to square one

* Pending downloads: KB4052623, KB4100347, KB890830, and 2x AMD Radeon graphics drivers

:)

Gerrion, Oct 15, 2018

2. unable to download Network Speed Test from Windows Store on Windows 10

Hi James,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if the same issue persists with downloading other apps from Windows Store.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Step 2:I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of downloading the app from Windows Store for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  3. unable to download Network Speed Test from Windows Store on Windows 10

I have followed all three steps to no avail. No download - just the word "working"

JamesLyons-5385, Oct 15, 2018
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 Update/Store broken with 'Pending downloads' - Network showing 'Not connected'...

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update/Store broken with 'Pending downloads' - Network showing 'Not connected'... - Similar Threads - Update Store broken

2. Microsoft Store - Downloads and updates constantly "pending"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store - Downloads and updates constantly "pending": I have tried every solution found online,repair and reset in the settings, install and reinstall the store, changing accounts I created a new one but it has not helped! every download or update is constantly and forever in the pending state, is it ever possible that a problem...
  3. Microsoft Store - Downloads and updates constantly "pending"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Downloads and updates constantly "pending": I have tried every solution found online,repair and reset in the settings, install and reinstall the store, changing accounts I created a new one but it has not helped! every download or update is constantly and forever in the pending state, is it ever possible that a problem...
  4. Microsoft Store is broken... Downloads stuck in pending, windows clock wont update either.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is broken... Downloads stuck in pending, windows clock wont update either.: Windows 11 is unusable...My calandar/clock wont work as its stuck updatingIm tempted to downgrade to windows 10 as i never had these issues there. Microsoft store not working is such a vital part of the OS and the fact you can't customise the desktop anymore also sucks, it's...
  5. Microsoft Store is broken... Downloads stuck in pending, windows clock wont update either.

Microsoft Store is broken... Downloads stuck in pending, windows clock wont update either.: Windows 11 is unusable...My calandar/clock wont work as its stuck updatingIm tempted to downgrade to windows 10 as i never had these issues there. Microsoft store not working is such a vital part of the OS and the fact you can't customise the desktop anymore also sucks, it's...
  6. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  7. Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending

Microsoft store downloads and updates stuck on pending: Hi, my Microsoft store isn't downloading or updating any of my applications and is stuck on pending and not changing status. I have tried repairing and resetting but it isn't fixing the issue. I tried downloading the Xbox app from the site but it gets stuck and doesn't...
  8. Microsoft Store Downloads "Pending" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Downloads "Pending" Windows 10: I've been trying to install the Minecraft for Windows since it isn't compatible with the old launcher and what not. Yesterday I noticed that all apps, games dlc's etc. are unable to download in the store. I've spent 8 hrs+ on looking for a solution on websites, youtube, and...
  9. Microsoft Store Downloads "Pending" Windows 10

Microsoft Store Downloads "Pending" Windows 10: I've been trying to install the Minecraft for Windows since it isn't compatible with the old launcher and what not. Yesterday I noticed that all apps, games dlc's etc. are unable to download in the store. I've spent 8 hrs+ on looking for a solution on websites, youtube, and...
  10. Microsoft Store Downloads "Pending" Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pending downloads windows 10 update

2. pending downloads windows 10

3. windows store updates all pending

4. updates pending install windows 10,
  5. pending download is showing in windows,
  6. windows update pending download windows 10,
  7. win 10 phone updates still pending dark tiles,
  8. windows 10 1903 store downloads pending,
  9. update showing pending download,
  10. microsoft store pending download,
  11. pending download windows 10 update,