Windows 10: Windows 10 Update strikes again

Discus and support Windows 10 Update strikes again in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sound Settings features removed and settings reset: Right-click on the sound icon in taskbar (bottom right), the "Sounds" option is gone. It previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fhhk, Feb 24, 2020.

1. /u/Fhhk Win User

Windows 10 Update strikes again

• Sound Settings features removed and settings reset: Right-click on the sound icon in taskbar (bottom right), the "Sounds" option is gone. It previously linked to the Sound Control Panel. The option to go to the Sound Control Panel is also gone when you type sound into Start Search. The only way I've found that you can get to it, is to go to open the Windows 10 Settings app, go to System, select Sound on the left column, and on the right of the Sound page, there are links to "Related Settings," and Sound Control Panel is there.

• Changed my default sound devices, they needed to be manually changed back.

• Completely broke my Start Menu shortcuts. I had all of the programs I regularly use categorized and alphabetized. (about 40-50 programs.) Most of them just disappeared, and they were shuffled around. I opened Task Manager and Restarted Windows Explorer. That repopulated most of the Start Menu Shortcuts I had set, but not all, and they were still shuffled around. I guess I'll need to manually reorganize them. It doesn't like certain folder shortcuts on the start menu now, I cannot move some of the folder shortcuts around, they won't stick.

• Changed my default browser to Microsoft Edge...

• The overall audio volume seems to be about 25-50% of what it was before. I am still trying to figure out how to fix it.

This update took about an hour to install and multiple restarts, to strip some features, break some settings, and allegedly add a few new icons which I haven't noticed yet.

submitted by /u/Fhhk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fhhk, Feb 24, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Counter-Strike: Source Update Available

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
    • Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    • Fixed player name crash exploit
    • Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
    • Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
    • Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
    • Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
    • Detail props sway in the breeze now
    • Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
    • Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
    Source: Steam

malware, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update strikes again - Similar Threads - Update strikes again

2. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  3. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again: winver output: version 1803 OS Build 17134.1246, Windows 10 ProTrying to install 22H2, but it- installs and keeps telling in updates history it requires a reboot - rebooting the computer doesn't help- after I "Check Updates" again, system commences downloading and installing...
  4. Windows 10 update 22H2 is installed again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop: I have long detested the way Microsoft forces annoyances on users of its products. Among the many problems I've had are frequent unnecessary requests for me to change my default apps to Microsoft's favorites and actually changing my preferences without my consent every time I...
  6. Your Rotten Phone Companion Strikes Again

Your Rotten Phone Companion Strikes Again: My computer crashed. So now I'm on a new computer. The setup was going just great. And then I decided to install Your Miserable Phone Companion Which Only Exists to Make People Suffer. I've installed Visual Studio, WinSCP, Powershell, etc. But Your Disgusting Phone Companion...
  7. Realtek Audio Manager Strikes again...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Manager Strikes again...: Hi there, I read the post " Realtek HD Audio Manager under Windows 10 " (and a gazillion others) about the realtek manager. I got it to show on ctrl shift esc with the method outline on the post BUT it will disappear after a shutdown/restart. It's kind of strange how it...
  8. Counter Strike on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Counter Strike on Windows 10: I would just like to report that Counter Strike Global Offensive is working fine with windows 10. I have seen no performance changes since my upgrade from windows 8.1. I have read, that players have had issues with Dota 2. I have an Nvidia Graphics card. 11322
  9. Mad prof strikes again GUI on UBUNTU in Windows (WSL) !!!

Mad prof strikes again GUI on UBUNTU in Windows (WSL) !!!: You're getting close. Glad I could help. *Smile Kippis! *Wink
  10. Failed to validate product key problem strikes again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to validate product key problem strikes again: Hello I have done many Win 10 upgrades without any problems but my current problem has taken 2 days out of my life!! without a solution. Here is the situation. I created a USB media drive using the Media Creation tool and have used it this week to successfully upgrade Win...