Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiring 15 Windows 10 (don't know the version). There was an update notice piping up, I kept choosing remind me later. This morning I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Miffffffy, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Miffffffy Win User

Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...

I have a Dell Inspiring 15 Windows 10 (don't know the version). There was an update notice piping up, I kept choosing remind me later. This morning I decided to run the update. I turned on my laptop first and clicked "shut down and update" from the Start menu. It took some time to shut down, then I turn on my laptop after It shut down.

The "Working on updates. Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while" screen showed up. Or was fine at first, but then it stuck at 20% for hours. I google the issue and saw people say even though it says don't turn off you PC, but in this case you can only restart your PC. So I pressed the physical power button to shut down my laptop and pressed it again to turn it on.

"Attempting to recover installation" showed up, and soon it went to "Undoing changes made to your computer" and stuck here. I tried to restart my laptop, but same thing happened and still stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer". I also tried to go to enter safe mode by pressing the physical power button. But I was not able to enter winRE. Instead, I went to Dell Assist. It only checked my hardware and said my hardware is working properly.

Sorry for the long question. Please if someone can help me. I appreciate a lot.

:)

Miffffffy, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Janstan Win User

Stuck with screen showing couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes.

Original title: Windows 10 failed updates

Stuck with screen showing couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. 3 hours and still the same.

Janstan, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Stuck on undoing changes after windows reset

Hi,

My pc is stuck on "undoing Changes"

after trying to reset it. It was completed about 45% and after that it started showing me this message "undoing Changes" and is stuck on it for more than half hour. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks

Ibrar Ahmed, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...

Windows couldn't update undoing changes stuck windows 10

I get the windows couldn't update undoing changes and now its stuck on that screen if I try to reboot it goes back to that screen, I tried hitting f8 for safe mode but it didnt do anything except go back to couldn't update undoing changes. I've been
    googling for hours and I've seen how other people fix it, but I literally don't get past that screen to enter safe mode a different way. It's just STUCK on that screen. The computer is very important to me so I need help fast.

TugboatRichmond, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your...

1. Windows 10 update stuck at 20%, after restart, now stuck on "Undoing changes made to your... - Similar Threads - update stuck 20%

2. Windows 10 stuck on "Undoing Changes Made to your Computer"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck on "Undoing Changes Made to your Computer": Hi so recently I was trying to update my windows 10 pc and I came across the issue that was whenever i updated it undid the changes and wouldn't work for some odd reason. That made me research and I found many people have had this problem and there isnt a clear solution to...
  3. Windows 10 update now made my pc be stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer.

Windows 10 update now made my pc be stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer.: So last night I started to install the new Windows 10 update. Thinking that it won't take long I just let it sit there and do its thing, after around 4 hours it was only at 21% and since it was getting late I decided to just force shutdown my laptop and go to sleep, now it is...
  4. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows Update: Windows Update prompted me to clear some space off my drive and once I was able to it prompted me to start the update. I scheduled it for around 12 pm yesterday and it started without any issues. At one point, however it became stuck on a black screen with a circle of loading...
  5. Stuck in a loop of "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows 10 updates

Stuck in a loop of "Undoing changes made to your computer" after Windows 10 updates: I'm using: SURFACE PRO 3 WINDOWS 10, update of may 2020 I think I tried to update my Surface. I didn't have enough space like always, so I rerouted the updates to the SD card in the Surface's SD card slot. After a few hours of updating, it started to undo the changes....
  6. Stuck on undoing changes made your computer!

Stuck on undoing changes made your computer!: What the hell with windows yesterday i have some update from windows update, and i cannot find a way to stop any this suck update! Now my laptop is stuck on undoing changes made to your computer! I lost my order job cause this! I have finished my job and just forget to...
  7. Stuck in "Undoing changes made to your computer"

Stuck in "Undoing changes made to your computer": My labtop is Samsung SENS RC 520 I bought this laptop in South Korea and accidentally wiped out all programs in US. To solve the problems, I bought Window 7 CD and installed necessary programs to run it. After few weeks later, I got a notice that I can install Window 10...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER

Windows 10 stuck in UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER: I've recently purchased a Kogan Atlas D400 notebook (32GB Storage), 4GB RAM and it has tried to update Windows 10 Home to 1903 but it has failed. Now I have it stuck on UNDOING CHANGES MADE TO YOUR COMPUTER for a few days.... I can't start Windows 10 so I have no idea on how...
  9. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update: Ok, so my timezone is UTC-3, just so you don't get confused. Yesterday, at around 22:30, I was using my PC when Windows force-restarted it to update (I postponed the update like a billion times so I guess that makes sense.) The update was taking a lot of time, but I googled...
  10. Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK

Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK: Hi guys, I was trying to install the new update for windows and everything was going smoothly until it got stuck at round 30% on the loadup screen and was undoing changes. It took a while and i thought restarting it would allow me to normally log in but i was wrong, after a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck at 20%

2. windows 10 update stuck at 20%

3. kb4556799 20%

4. windows update is stuck at 20%,
  5. cumulative update stuck at 20%,
  6. windows 10 1903 stuck at 20%,
  7. kb4532695 stuck at 20%,
  8. kb4528760 stuck at 20%,
  9. kb4530684 stuck on 20%,
  10. windows update installing 20%,
  11. kb4551762 stuck at 20%,