Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KatibHussain, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

So i did this update before and it was stuck at 88% 7 hours later 89%, this time the update started around 10:30pm on the 29/09/16 and i checked up on it in the morning around 8:30 and it stuck on 91%, now it was 11:45am and it was still stuck on 91%, can someone guy me any insight on what could be the cause of the problem and any solutions to them?

Thanks guys!*Smile

:)

KatibHussain, Sep 29, 2016
  2. [E]than Win User

Windows Anniversary Update Stuck at 91%

Hello,

I have recently tried to update my system to the anniversary edition. When I click 'Restart now' on the Windows Update settings paged it restarts my laptop and starts updating, but stops at 91% with only the loading icon spinning. I have left the update
    running for over 6 hours but it was still stuck at 91. I have also tried to update three times!

Any help would be appreciated.

[E]than, Sep 29, 2016
  3. RMT1947 Win User
    Windows 10 anniversary update FAIL

Over the past few days I have had three attempts at the Anniversary Update. They all stuck for several hours at 91%. Today I have performed a clean boot and initiated the update manually. It has now been stuck at 91% for over three hours.

RMT1947, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

taskkill /im TiWorker.exe /f
    net stop wuauserv /y
    rmdir "%systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" /s /q
    del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat"
    del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat"
    cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

TairikuOkami, Sep 29, 2016
  5. me75006 Win User
    I had a pc, older dell, that would freeze. Pulled the power, and powered on, recovery kicked in and the update process resumed. Two more of that power cycle, and the update completed.

me75006, Sep 29, 2016
  6. Sorry for the long wait but i tried these commands one by one and they all pretty much said "Access is Denied" for all of them except the last one, im not sure what to do from here

I'll give it a shot but it does seem like a long amount of time needs to be put into it

KatibHussain, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours

1. Windows 10 update stuck at 91%, left laptop on for over 12 hours - Similar Threads - update stuck 91%

2. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  3. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours: In the title.For some more detail:My laptop has been bluescreening a lot recently. The BSOD itself resets so fast I can't read what the error is. About 70% of the time upon reboot the laptop says "no boot device could be found". Resetting BIOS has consistently worked as a...
  4. Reinstall windows stuck at 88% for over 12 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours

DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours: I've a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10 64 bit.II have been using Acronis TrueImage for the last 6 - 8 years for a daily incremental back up. About 8 months ago the PC started crashing BSOD every few days and quite often during the middle of a back-up. My current version of...
  6. Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours

Update stuck on 30% for over 12 hours: Hi, I received a notification that my version of windows 10 needed to be updated. I restarted my PC as instructed at approximately 10pm. By 2am, the update was at 30%. It has remained on this for the last 12 hours. Do I just let it continue and see if the update finishes or...
  7. Windows 10 update still at 91% after 12 hours !?

Windows 10 update still at 91% after 12 hours !?: Hi , I was on my laptop last night and a update for windows 10 popped up so i got it going and normally thay dont take too long but its been over 12 hours at 91 % complete. im heading out to work and when i get back if its still stuck at that point it will be nearly 24 hours....
  8. My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours

My update is stuck at 91% for over 12 hours: I started my update yesterday around 1:30 and by 3:30 I was at 91% and hasn’t moved from that point. The screen reads “Working on updates 91% Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while”. It sure has been a while, it shouldn’t take this long. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Assistant stuck at 91% for 5 hours: Finally replaced my Laptop's battery today and immediately began the Update Assistant. Had no issues with it until I reached 91% at which it's been stuck on for about 5 hours now. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this and any idea as what the issue could be? Thanks in...
  10. My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!

My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!: I downloaded the newest version, or update of Windows 10 yesterday. It downloaded, went through the verification of download and then said : Updating Windows10. Please Wait. It made it up to 99% and then nothing. I have to have the updated version to download my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck at 91%

2. windows update stuck at 91

3. win10 update fails at 91%

4. latest win 10 update stalled at 91 %,
  5. windows update 1909 stuck in 91%,
  6. update struck on 91%,
  7. windows update 1903 stuck at 91%,
  8. bitlocker is stuck at 91%,
  9. windows 10 1903 installing 91%,
  10. windows 10 update stuck at 91%,
  11. windwos update 1903 stuck at 91%,