Windows 10: Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network"

Discus and support Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LionetChen, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network"

Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network"

:)

LionetChen, Jan 9, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Jan 9, 2019
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network" 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network"

Metered connections in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let's try the steps below and check if you are able to set the metered connection.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Press Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    • Click on network tab.
    • Under network select WiFi > Advanced options >
      Set as metered connection.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update stuck at pending install unless I flip the option "Allow metered network" - Similar Threads - Update stuck pending

2. Metered network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered network: I have a server that is connected to the network switch. Switch is not connected to the internet, somehow I keep getting message under network status " You're connected to the Internet" You're on metered network. Some apps might work differently to help you save data while on...
  3. I cannot find the option that allows me to flip my camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find the option that allows me to flip my camera.: While trying to access my camera, I am unable to locate the function on the camera, that allows me to switch between front and back. I have tried resetting the the camera and still I am unable to switch between the two cameras....
  4. I cannot find the option that allows me to flip my camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find the option that allows me to flip my camera.: While trying to access my camera, I am unable to locate the function on the camera, that allows me to switch between front and back. I have tried resetting the the camera and still I am unable to switch between the two cameras....
  5. I cannot find the option that allows me to flip my camera.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Updates are stuck in "Pending"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates are stuck in "Pending": Two days ago, I was updating "Asphalt 9 Legends", it was half way done. But after that when I opened the store yesterday I came to see only "Pending" and there was no change. It was not updating at all. Today I opened again but still it was showing "Pending". Not only...
  7. Windows update service on metered network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service on metered network: For the love of dear God! Stop windows update service from re-enabling like a jerk. I don't give a single bit of flying fucking piece of shit about security. Not everybody needs that bullshit. In fact, pretty few types of people need that. Why do you have to make your OS...
  8. metered network?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    metered network?: help! This is a headache! What does this PC is on metered network mean? One drive sync is paused to prevent data charges? That to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/metered-network/594456d5-4b5e-4e04-8972-7371beb3678f
  9. Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow VPN over Metered Networks in Windows 10 [img] Information Whether it's for work or personal use, you can connect to a VPN (virtual private network) on your Windows 10 PC....
  10. Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: Since the Creators Update the mysterious wording in Windows Update has puzzled many, and Microsoft hasn't exactly been forthcoming. Just what updates are "required to keep Windows running smoothly"? [img] It doesn't help that the behaviour of updates over metered...