Windows 10: Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress

Discus and support Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own a 2014 HP Pavilion 15 model which I did not use for the past two years due to a mother board issue. I recently fixed the board and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DheenaDKD, Feb 11, 2020.

1. DheenaDKD Win User

Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress

I own a 2014 HP Pavilion 15 model which I did not use for the past two years due to a mother board issue.

I recently fixed the board and have been trying to update the software windows 10.

The present version is in windows 8. Trying to download update software from settings or Windows is failing with a simple prompt showing "Unable to download. Please try again later"

So I tried updating the device using Windows 10 software update tool link. Using the tool I am able to successfully complete the download and start the update

During the update after few hours the device goes to blank screen and gets stuck though a simple hard reboot sees to fix this issue.

Post reboot, once the update reaches 90% the screen gets frozen the same screen for hours. even the loader sign looks frozen.
    A hard reboot in this stages recovers and goes back to my present software version

I have tried the solutions suggested in the below thread, but still the issue prevails.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ck-at-90/26985055-1bda-49b2-9dff-87228225f1bf

If somebody could guide me though this issue, it would be helpful.

Thank you

:)

DheenaDKD, Feb 11, 2020

2. Windows Update Stuck in Initializing Update Stage

Windows 10 Home Addition. It is stuck in the initializing updates stage. It finds the updates but will not move on to installing them.

JohnnieAlexander, Feb 11, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update stuck at various stages of progress - Similar Threads - Update stuck various

2. CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4: Hello, i need help right now. My PC was so slow even i opened microsoft office only. I checked task manager and nothing wrong, all CPU, memory, and disk usage low. I searched on internet and found that the problem maybe from hard drive. So, i ran CHKDSK \r for the next reboot...
  3. CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4: Hello, i need help right now. My PC was so slow even i opened microsoft office only. I checked task manager and nothing wrong, all CPU, memory, and disk usage low. I searched on internet and found that the problem maybe from hard drive. So, i ran CHKDSK \r for the next reboot...
  4. Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: My computer is stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 .. What happened is a notification popped up and I clicked it, it said restart to fix drive errors so I did, after booting it up, it said press any key to skip disk checking and now it's stuck...
  5. Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: My computer is stuck at Fixing D: Stage 3: 100% 0 of 0; Total 99%; ETA: 0:00:00 .. What happened is a notification popped up and I clicked it, it said restart to fix drive errors so I did, after booting it up, it said press any key to skip disk checking and now it's stuck...
  6. Windows update still stuck at "PreRegistering Staged package...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update still stuck at "PreRegistering Staged package...: I continue to have this problem. Previously documented here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-udpate-stuck-at-preregistering-staged/b5f18aec-ffa1-4c00-b9ee-a8aba6c63117Last attempt to update shows process stalls on exactly the same...
  7. various apps stuck "updating"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    various apps stuck "updating": I keep trying to use mail and other apps but it pops up with "We’re updating Mail. It should be ready to use again shortly." Or similar. Clicking the button to go to the store page opens the store page, which immediately crashes. Is there something I can update or is this a...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on “fixing stage 1...”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kazyem1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh6n79/windows_10_stuck_on_fixing_stage_1/
  9. Windows 10 Updates stuck "downloading" with no progress

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates stuck "downloading" with no progress: I am having an issue with a few Windows 10 updates just hanging 'downloading'. The percentage has not changed in hours. The updates in question are: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - December 2019 (KB890830) Status: Downloading - 94% Security Update for...
  10. Various Updates for Windows 10 isn't progressing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Various Updates for Windows 10 isn't progressing.: Hello, There are several updates going on in my laptop, which you can see in a screenshot I uploaded. But neither of this is actually progressing, especially the 2019-06 Cumulative Update (KB4503327). This update already started yesterday, and it will be the third day...