Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck in a loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marc Stephenson-Richman, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes blah, blah blah. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to see if the update download got corrupted? It is an old dell vostro 1520 that I use to troubleshoot generator controllers.

Thanks Marc

:)

Marc Stephenson-Richman, Sep 10, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

1. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop - Similar Threads - update stuck loop

2. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Stuck in a loop: My Windows system constantly tries to update to the newest version of Windows, but fails to do so. However, the problem is that Windows constantly tries to update to it, almost happening daily when booting my PC. Is there any way to fix this update or just stop Windows trying...
  3. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Stuck in a loop: My Windows system constantly tries to update to the newest version of Windows, but fails to do so. However, the problem is that Windows constantly tries to update to it, almost happening daily when booting my PC. Is there any way to fix this update or just stop Windows trying...
  4. Windows Update Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop: My Windows updates have been failing for months last successful update was KB5006670 in October. Since then, every update attempt crashes my laptop... no error message... just never reboots. Shows the Lenovo start up logo, then nothing. Then I have to recover various methods...
  6. Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Windows 10 Update Crash Loop: My Windows updates have been failing for months last successful update was KB5006670 in October. Since then, every update attempt crashes my laptop... no error message... just never reboots. Shows the Lenovo start up logo, then nothing. Then I have to recover various methods...
  7. Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP

Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP: Trying to do system update, as notified by microsoft, for hours now. Software is stuck in a loop saying “please wait” followed by “please wait while we install systen update” then black screen only to cycle though the same. Have tried removing battery, draining off residual...
  8. Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop

Windows 10 stuck in endless update loop: Hi, I've had this issue for probably close to a year now. I've been hoping eventually one of the updates will fix the issue, but it never does. And what used to just happen once a month or so then became once a week, and now multiple times a day. If I'm not around to...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop: Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to see if the...
  10. Windows update stuck on a loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck on a loop: When I went into windows update. It was already checking for updates. It found a definition update for windows defender kb2267602 but is stuck downloading 0%. And just not moving, it's not had a chance to find todays cumulative updates yet! But the concerning thing is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo legion stuck on hi this might take several minutes

2. windows 10 1803 upgrade stuck in loop