Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing a windows 10 update, it froze at 100% and I decided that it wasn't ever going to unfreeze so I turned it off. After that it tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Termina7or2000, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

After installing a windows 10 update, it froze at 100% and I decided that it wasn't ever going to unfreeze so I turned it off. After that it tried to undo the changes from the update but whenever it gets past the post screen, it flashes "Undoing changes made to your PC" and restarts. Nothing I've done to reinstall windows has worked. There is no reset option when I insert a flash drive containing the windows media creation tool. Neither the revert versions or the repair windows options work. They both just say "Shut down and try again".

:)

Termina7or2000, Mar 27, 2019

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Mar 27, 2019
  3. HewNormis Win User
    Windows 7 Update stuck in failed update cycle

Windows is stuck in a loop where the computer reboots to complete the windows update. Then flashes a fail update message and that is backing out the update only to repeat the cycle endlessly. Rebooted with Windows CD but same problem after the computer
    is rebooted from hard disk.

HewNormis, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Mel_85 Win User

Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

Windows 10 Acer Aspire T Desktop Top Install Stuck at 64% & Stuck in Reboot Cycle

This has been an ongoing issue for almost 2 weeks now

I had a virus on my desktop and the antivirus software I had was not finding and removing it. I decided to reset my computer to get rid of it.

The computer got stuck on a black screen with white dots forming a circle on the bottom. Removing the USB for my mouse fixed that.

Then windows 10 install got stuck at 10%. I used the method from here:

Since then the computer has been stuck at 64% in a constant reboot cycle.

My Dad created a recovery disk on USB for me. I have disable boot security and set the boot manager to boot from removable drive first but the computer is still stuck at 64% and constantly rebooting.

Any suggestions as the computer is only 10 months old. Thanks so much.

Mel_85, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

1. Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle - Similar Threads - update stuck reboot

2. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle: Today my PC worked for about an hour then the same error occurred and now it is stuck with an infinite reboot error. I have tried several times to access safe mode. The closest I got was selecting to enter safe mode, but the system crashed and restarted again and again. The...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on reboot cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop: After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a warning message Saying to connect my PC, connect to WiFi, etc., which I do, but, when I...
  8. Windows 10 1903 update caught in an endless reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 update caught in an endless reboot cycle: I just was updating to Windows 10 1903. I began the update at about 12am. It is now 5 am and the update is still not complete. It keeps restarting, flashes a Undoing changes made screen and that's it. Been doing this for two hours at least. What do I do? I can run a repair...
  9. Cycling reboots

Cycling reboots: I have a cycling reboots situation. [IMG][IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and neither does reset through the recovery options. I'm trying to just get it open, i don't care much about my files because...
  10. upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading windows 10 reboot cycle at 75%: hi, i have a toshiba satellite laptop with a windows 7 operating system. i began to install the windows 10 upgrade but at 75% the computer went into a reboot cycle. i tried some settings in the BIOS and the computer continues to restart. any ideas? 12177