Windows 10: Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing?

Discus and support Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to run the Cumulative Update for windows 10 ( 1803 ) since January 1st, and it's just been stuck on initializing. Above the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KatieStrukel, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing?

I've been trying to run the Cumulative Update for windows 10 ( 1803 ) since January 1st, and it's just been stuck on initializing. Above the update there's a yellow text saying "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes", but this update is the only thing I haven't done. I've tried running it online, cancelling it, restarting my PC, and none of it has worked. Whenever I restart my PC, it's still initializing. When I tried cancelling the update, I got an error saying it failed to cancel it. I'm so lost on what more I can do, but all I know is that I'm getting bothered by having an icon at the bottom of my screen every day saying I have a critical update I need to download, but I can't. My PC keeps getting slower and slower because this update won't download too.

:)

KatieStrukel, Jan 13, 2019

2. Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing?

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing?

1. Windows 10 Update stuck on Initializing? - Similar Threads - Update stuck Initializing

2. Roblox stuck in initializing device on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox stuck in initializing device on windows 11.: My Roblox app will not open, constantly crashes and is stuck in "initializing device" I tried restarting the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and I have no other devices to play Roblox on right now. Can't find anything on the internet to fix this issue....
  3. Windows 10 initializing and stuck. I do not have a windows 10 disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 initializing and stuck. I do not have a windows 10 disk.: Windows 10 recovery stuck at initializing. I was using the restore point because I couldn’t copy and paste. One of the suggestions was restored to a previous version so I went back about 10 days. And now it’s just stuck. I do not have a windows 10 disk this was Windows...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 stuck at initializing for a few days now

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 stuck at initializing for a few days now: I've been trying to get it to download and I get a pop-up every couple minutes saying "we'll notify you after this download is complete and it's ready to install tap here to see progress" and I see it flicker from initializing to pending back to initializing....
  5. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 stuck initializing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 stuck initializing: In the Windows Update tab of settings, the update 'Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803' is stuck at "initializing" and refuses to move forward from there. It is preventing all the other updates from even beginning to install. It has been stuck initializing for an hour...
  6. Windows 10 initial installation Stuck on Activate Windows screen

Windows 10 initial installation Stuck on Activate Windows screen: When I try to boot my freshly built pc it runs fine everything is showing up in the bios and it is saying it is running the uefi version of my boot usb which has windows 10 correctly installed in it. After choosing my language and clicking install it only allows me to input a...
  7. initialize a micro card to update windows 10

initialize a micro card to update windows 10: can't initialize a micro disk; need more room to update windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialize-a-micro-card-to-update-windows-10/16ce834b-7706-4928-86c6-57aac0cef96b
  8. Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing

Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing: Win 10 update for 64x systems 1830 (kb4462919) is stuck on initializing. Disc running at 100% pc (Alienware i7) is lagging so bad it taled 83 sec for windows explorer to open. Several pending minor updates from as far back as . Any help will be greatly appreciated. 120148
  9. Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing

Win update kb4462919 stuck on initializing: Update 1830 64x systems Update stuck on initializing. Disc running @ 100% pc (Alienware i7) lagging tales 84 sec for a window explorer to open. Any help would be greatly appreciate have several othe minor updates pending from over 2 months ago 120147
  10. KB4338819 stuck initializing

KB4338819 stuck initializing: Hi all Having trouble with update KB4338819 x64 version as it will not finish installing and sticks on intializing. I've tried the following: Troubleshooter Deleting the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download Running Services and stopping Windows Update & setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck on initializing

2. kb4507435 initializing

3. windows update stuck initializing

4. windows 10 update kb4516058 stuck on intializing,
  5. windows 1903 stuck on initializing,
  6. initializing update,
  7. windows stuck on initializing update,
  8. 1903 initialising,
  9. windows update stuck on initialising,
  10. windows 10 1903 stuck initializing,
  11. windows 10 stuck on initializing updates,