Windows 10: Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

Discus and support Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought a new laptop and when I was setting it up it asked me whether I want to install the latest windows update. I clicked yes and I think this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaSerrao, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

I have bought a new laptop and when I was setting it up it asked me whether I want to install the latest windows update. I clicked yes and I think this was the 2020-01 windows 10 update, it took me to the screen “this will take several minutes”, however I have been stuck for approx 7 hours. Does it take that long or even longer or is there a problem and what are the necessary solutions,i would appreciate your help.

:)

JoshuaSerrao, Jul 7, 2020
  2. MIkew365 Win User

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Jul 7, 2020
  3. HI WE VE GOT SOME UPDATES FOR YOUR PC! THIS MIGHT TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES!

how are we supposed to even download it if its stuck on the ' hi this might take several minutes'

youssefelbeyaly, Jul 7, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

1. Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”. - Similar Threads - update stuck “this

2. Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load: Hey everybody,For some reason my windows key has stopped working. Sometimes my wallpaper disappears and turns black upon startup as well, the file explorer icon takes several minutes to load if I click on it multiple times, it shows up in a stack a minute later. Here's a...
  3. Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key not working + file explorer takes several minutes to load: Hey everybody,For some reason my windows key has stopped working. Sometimes my wallpaper disappears and turns black upon startup as well, the file explorer icon takes several minutes to load if I click on it multiple times, it shows up in a stack a minute later. Here's a...
  4. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen: Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This may take several minutes. Please Don't Turn Off."Is there any way to stop this from happening? Twice it has happened during...
  5. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen: Hey all, I got am HP laptop several weeks ago. For some odd reason, without warning, it will occasionally have a blue screen up with the caption "This may take several minutes. Please Don't Turn Off."Is there any way to stop this from happening? Twice it has happened during...
  6. Problem with "This might take several minutes" blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  8. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  9. Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 restart and shutdown take several minutes on a ssd.: Long story short, since yesterday the pc is taking like 3-5 minutes to restart or to shutdown, everything is up to date, i even updated windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 to see if this fixed the issue but the problem is still there, booting is fine. i already tried several times...
  10. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this might take several minutes windows

2. this might take several minutes win10 stuck

3. hi this might take several minutes services