Windows 10: Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A recent Microsoft update evidently had a problem and when the system on my ASUS Windows 10 laptop tried to remove it then my machine went into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JHitch, Aug 26, 2020.

1. JHitch Win User

Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

A recent Microsoft update evidently had a problem and when the system on my ASUS Windows 10 laptop tried to remove it then my machine went into a reboot loop trying to undo the update. I've tried everything on the internet to try hard reboot 3 times, tried putting Windows 10 Media Tool CD in the DVD drive, but nothing I try gets me out of the reboot loop. I can't get it to recognize the Windows 10 Media tool or even the Laptop Recovery Disk. The only thing I've been able to do is hit ESC enough times to get the BIOS screen. Although it shows the DVD player as a component, it will not allow me to set up the DVD player as the reboot source.

Is this Windows update going to cost me a new laptop? How do I turn off the dreaded automatic updates?!?

:)

JHitch, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you re currently stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform power drain and check if you are able to restore back to your normal desktop. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I would not suggest that you format your hard drive due to the reasons below:

1. If your system was installed with Windows 8.1 at the time of purchase, formatting it will lead to a lost of your product key, as the key is pre injected to the motherboard.

2. You will be unable to activate the OS and you will have to contact your systems manufacturer if you are faced with any driver related issues.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

1. Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop - Similar Threads - Update System Removal

2. installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop: For something in my education I have to install wsl in order to use linux on my windows system. I tried to install it in PowerShell using following command:wsl --installSo far so good, no error message and powershell tells me to reboot the sytem.But when I reboot the system I...
  3. installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing wsl is causing my system to reboot in bsod loop: For something in my education I have to install wsl in order to use linux on my windows system. I tried to install it in PowerShell using following command:wsl --installSo far so good, no error message and powershell tells me to reboot the sytem.But when I reboot the system I...
  4. Windows Update 21H1 putting system in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 21H1 putting system in Reboot Loop: Hey guys, is it just me or is the new windows update of 21h1 not stable and putting systems into reboot loop for hours together.It has been bothering me since I have installed OS thrice today and after the installation of update 21H1 the system is stuck in the boot loop where...
  5. Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop

Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop: Hello, currently we deploy the Windows 10 20H1 feature update via ConfigMgr / Servicing. The update seems to be installed correctly no issue in softwarecenter - Softwarecenter tells "Reboot required" after the reboot the Clients are still on 1909 and the installation process...
  6. Windows update reboot loop

Windows update reboot loop: Hello My computer is trying to update but is unable to do it so undo it reboot and retry the update KB5000802 after more the 12h of reboots i forced it to shutdown waited a bit and started again it undid the update and booted normaly but since this update is critical...
  7. Update causing continuous reboot loop

Update causing continuous reboot loop: After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And before you ask again, No it doesn't reach desktop status & also No I shouldn't need/have to download windows from another...
  8. Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop

Forced Windows 10 Update Reboot Loop: So with the forced April update recently. I can not even get to the BIOs. I have tried interrupting it by hard shutdowns but that also changes nothing. It will never go into recovery. I can't even use a USB to reinstall the OS. Is my hard drive bricked by windows? Please...
  9. Windows 10 Pro: After update system is stuck in rebooting loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro: After update system is stuck in rebooting loop: Hello, I have new Surface book 2 13.5" for graphic design and so far it worked great until today. System updated and restarted and stuck in rebooting loop. Since then I can't do anything. I went through several hundreds of forum pages, youtube tutorials, but nothing works...
  10. Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users: Microsoft's first cumulative update for Windows 10 - KB3081424 - is causing havoc for some users. The problem, in a nutshell, is that the update puts affected systems into an endless crash loop. The update tries to install, gets to a certain point, fails, and then...