Windows 10: Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

Discus and support Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The new big may update takes too much space on my disk. I tried to run cleaning and deleting files and applications that I don't need, but the disk is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MartinKotuľák, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

The new big may update takes too much space on my disk. I tried to run cleaning and deleting files and applications that I don't need, but the disk is still 2/3 full. Also I noticed that it happens, that for few seconds the laptop freezes while I still can move the mouse, but nothing reacts to it, so I assume it may be the update, I'm not sure.
    I would like to ask how would you solve this or even if taking back the big update and the last small one would be bad, since I'm really considering it.

:)

MartinKotuľák, Aug 8, 2019

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Aug 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

1. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk - Similar Threads - update takes too

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Windows 10 takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  4. The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10

The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10: The system files are taking too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10. Here is a screen-shot of the resources consumed:Any Insight to resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated....
  5. windows taking too much space, help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows taking too much space, help??: like some moments ago, i reinstalled a game thats on my other drive because windows takes up too much space. i barely used the OS drive at all, as i have had this laptop for like a year now. before 2021, i had around 28 gigs. around 2021 i had 12 gigs, now i had 1 fucking...
  6. Edge taking too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge taking too much space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahvak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktogvy/edge_taking_too_much_space/
  7. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  8. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...
  9. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Windows 10 takes too much disc space: I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space. (99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB...
  10. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space: Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own...