Windows 10: Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muddah of 3, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not telling me how much longer it will take. One of the three onscreen messages is 'this might take several minutes'. 'Several minutes' is NOT 48 hours!!!!

This is more than frustrating. Fortunately I have a PC, but now live in fear that it too will be taken over by this monster. When this ordeal is over I am seriously considering leaving Microsoft entirely even though I have been an MS user and dedicated fan since the DOS days. How can I extricate myself from this mess? I am not a geek and don't have the arcane skills it seems to take. I turn the machine on and it's supposed to work. Please help me.

:)

Muddah of 3, Jun 14, 2019

2. Factory reset of Windows 10 stuck at 48% since 18 hours

Hey Guys, I need help!

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and then I realized that all my files stayed which I didn't want to, so I did a factory reset on my windows 10 upgraded PC and it has been stuck at 48%
    for the last 18 hours. The circle loading is still moving but the percentage is stuck at 48. I am worried to turn off my PC in case of it being ruined.

What should i do? Shall i force shutdown it? Or shall i wait more? Or what other possible step shall i take?

Thank you!

ImtiazLalani, Jun 14, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

1. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours - Similar Threads - update taking more

2. Windows 10 update takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  3. Windows 10 taking hours to start following update

Windows 10 taking hours to start following update: I work in a corporate environment where we handle 1000's of laptops running Windows 10. I've seen an issue whereby following a Windows update (unsure which update - investigation ongoing) some machines are taking hours to start up. This is happening on various machine types...
  4. Downloads disappear after 48 hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads disappear after 48 hours: In the last month, it seems that Windows is deleting files saved in the Downloads folder after about 48 hours. I've lost pictures, docs, etc. Is this a new "feature?"...
  5. Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it take more than half an hour for MS customer services to even start with a...: Have to admit, by and large, Microsofts CS reps ain't half bad - they need to be though I guess seeing how **** Windows 10 is. However though, I am trying to get the Google Chrome notification off of my Taskbar (as per the settings). Of course, Windows 10 will not allow...
  6. Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Booting taking more than 30 mins everytime: Windows 10 boot time is taking more than 30 mins,also after the boot is done the application's are not working as quick as expected and i get an error like " Microsoft Windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end...
  7. Windows 10 update stuck at ''Downloading 100%'' for more than 6 hours, Please Help!

Windows 10 update stuck at ''Downloading 100%'' for more than 6 hours, Please Help!: Hello guys so I had my pc fixed (new hard) and when I came home I installed windows 10 after that I updated the drivers, installed my games and apps also disabled a lot of settings that I don't need and went on to see if there was any windows update. I checked and there was a...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Still Taking Hours

Windows 10 Updates Still Taking Hours: I've had my HP 15 laptop for a little over a year now. Last night I got a pop-up wanting to update. I clicked Remind Me Later. In less than a minute, the screen went blue supposedly because the computer had to restart due to an error. I hardly believe this was coincidence. It...
  9. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  10. From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    From 7 To 10 To 7 ---- And all in 48 hours: Hi All, This is just to provide my recent experience(s) with the "Free" upgrade "Gift" from Microsoft, in the hope that the information may prevent others from wasting their time as I just have. I run my Broadband on monthly data allowance from 3 Mobile, so have to be a...