Windows 10: Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muddah of 3, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

I feel as if my laptop has been kidnapped by Windows updating. This Windows 10 update has taken nearly 48 hours so afar and is STILL running. I can't get into the lock screen or home screen to sign out of the internet or make changes to update schedules. The update is not telling me how much longer it will take. One of the three onscreen messages is 'this might take several minutes'. 'Several minutes' is NOT 48 hours!!!!

This is more than frustrating. Fortunately I have a PC, but now live in fear that it too will be taken over by this monster. When this ordeal is over I am seriously considering leaving Microsoft entirely even though I have been an MS user and dedicated fan since the DOS days. How can I extricate myself from this mess? I am not a geek and don't have the arcane skills it seems to take. I turn the machine on and it's supposed to work. Please help me.

:)

Muddah of 3, Jun 14, 2019

2. Factory reset of Windows 10 stuck at 48% since 18 hours

Hey Guys, I need help!

Yesterday I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and then I realized that all my files stayed which I didn't want to, so I did a factory reset on my windows 10 upgraded PC and it has been stuck at 48%
    for the last 18 hours. The circle loading is still moving but the percentage is stuck at 48. I am worried to turn off my PC in case of it being ruined.

What should i do? Shall i force shutdown it? Or shall i wait more? Or what other possible step shall i take?

Thank you!

ImtiazLalani, Jun 14, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours

1. Windows 10 update taking more than 48 hours - Similar Threads - update taking more

2. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  3. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking more than 10 hours: Windows has been running "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2" for more then 10 hours. It was stuck several time previously, now at 90%. I was previously stuck at 60% and 87% before I rebooted. Have tried everything I know of....
  4. Updates taking more than 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downgrade from windows 11 to 10 takes more than 27 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from windows 11 to 10 takes more than 27 hours and counting: Yesterday I 'downgraded' from windows 11 to 10 within 10 days. The process is still going on, after more than 27 hours running. I'm wondering if everything is going alright... Should I leave it for another 24 hours to continue/ shut the computer down/ ...?The laptop is not...
  6. Downgrade from windows 11 to 10 takes more than 27 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from windows 11 to 10 takes more than 27 hours and counting: Yesterday I 'downgraded' from windows 11 to 10 within 10 days. The process is still going on, after more than 27 hours running. I'm wondering if everything is going alright... Should I leave it for another 24 hours to continue/ shut the computer down/ ...?The laptop is not...
  7. Windows take more then 15 hours to updating

Windows take more then 15 hours to updating: It's now more than 15 hours, and windows still updating. In the first 10 hours, it's downloading the files, then the blue screen comes up, and now after 5 hours, it reaches only 20%. It's not the first time when it's taking too much time to update. When I updated my system,...
  8. "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours

"Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" taking more than 2.5 hours: I istalled an update yesterday and upon turingn on my pc today, it wouldn't recognize my keyboard or mouse. The only way I got it to work was to connect another mouse and it worked. I decided to us the "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" feature, but it has now...
  9. Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours

Windows 10 update taking more than 24 hours: Started the update on Tuesday around 5:00 pm and it was still running the following day at 5:00 pm. Message said it was running the update 100%. I need my computer so I shut it off. When I restarted it backed the upgrade back off automatically since it wasn't finished....
  10. my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours

my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours: [IMG]the 99 percentage stay here for 5 hours and i have wait for finish for last 10 hours shall i turn off my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updates-takes-more-than-10-hours/d6687bbd-5cc9-4197-97be-efaaec70baec