Windows 10: Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state

Discus and support Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Following the recent Windows update, the taskbar on my main monitor has grown significantly in size. I cannot make it smaller when the taskbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ConnorPickles, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state

Following the recent Windows update, the taskbar on my main monitor has grown significantly in size. I cannot make it smaller when the taskbar is unlocked.
    Switching to small taskbar icons returns the taskbar on my main monitor to it's original size, but brings it's own problems:

1. When hovering over an icon that has open windows, the preview of the windows is much larger than before
    2. The date and time use black text instead of white text, leaving a seemingly blank space on the taskbar
    3. The taskbar on my second, smaller monitor also shrinks, leaving it too small.

It should be noted that before the updated, my taskbars were the same size, but now the one on my main monitor is significantly larger.
    Both of my monitors are 4K, which might be part of the issue.

Is there a way make both taskbars the same size again?

:)

ConnorPickles, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Thanks Greg. My bad, I should've stated initially that I'd enabled a quicklaunch tool bar on my taskbar. The icons in the quicklaunch are causing the problem. I've checked the graphics driver and it seems to be updated.

• I'm not using any tweaking software to customize windows. I'd reduced the size of caption buttons in windowsmetrics
    • Scaling is set to 100%, unfortunately I cannot reduce below 100% (this is my need)
    • Taskbar icons set to small size
    Please advise..

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Pictures cannot be sorted returns back to original

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Can you state what you mean by " icon list "?

As per the information that you have provided, I understand that you are unable to sort your photos and they keep on returning back to the original state. If that is the case I would suggest that you try to arrange the pictures by using the
    Group By feature and check if they return back to the original state. Follow the steps below to do so.

1. Open the folder that contains your pictures.

2. Click on the View tab located on top of the folder.

3. Click on Group By and select the type you want to sort your pictures in and check

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state

Windows 10 Attains RTM Status

Interesting; did a Windows 8.1 update and after reboot there is an icon on the taskbar......When you mouse over it, it states "Get Windows 10." *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state :p

stinger608, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state

1. Windows 10 Update: Taskbar grew in size, cannot return to original state - Similar Threads - Update Taskbar grew

2. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  3. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  4. Windows 10 Search Icon Grew Larger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Icon Grew Larger: So I Reinstalled Windows 10 And This is the first thing that i saw when i changed the search icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-icon-grew-larger/b53f4ab1-54d6-4958-83fb-754c602d3ccf
  5. Return to original colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  6. Return to original colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return to original colors: Please return to original colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-to-original-colors/8531b8c8-a52e-429d-924e-719bd6dc5c15
  7. Windows 10 set DVD drive region by itself. How to return it to original state safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 set DVD drive region by itself. How to return it to original state safely?: Yesterday I found out that my DVD drive had region changed to Region 2. I did not do that change. Previously I had 5 changes and no region set. That's how I want it to be. But somehow, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, something has changed the region. This has used up one of my...
  8. return computer to original without losing windows 10 and all updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    return computer to original without losing windows 10 and all updates: delete all files but leave windows 10 in tact with all updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-computer-to-original-without-losing-windows/94e99051-f0ff-4b1c-85ff-1eec1d8bdc56
  9. Task Bar - return to original size at bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar - return to original size at bottom of screen: How can I return my Task Bar (black area on bottom of screen) back to it's original size. Original size is about 1" or so and mine is about 4" now....
  10. Return to factory state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Return to factory state: What term is used for restoring PC with Windows 10 back to out of box state? I am confused on terminology for this. Is it Reset, Restore, Refresh. etc...? 43861